Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ennis > Voracek?

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Let him answer for himself since he wanted to reply to the thread.

Dobber had Voracek ranked *49* in May and Ennis ranked *77* and same story in June with Voracek ranked *58* (on CBJ of all teams where his "playoff value is far from inflating him) to Ennis ranked *66*.

The things I base my take on Ennis on are all from April or earlier and neither one has even played since he gave his rankings in May ranking to where Voracek was considerably higher than Ennis, on CBJ no less, at 49 to 77 respectively.

Simple fact is he doesn't know what he's doing on his end that's why he has such wild variances in takes on both Voracek and Ennis, when in May he clearly thought the exact opposite to be true.

May ranking of Voracek 49 on CBJ vs Ennis 77 speaks for itself, sorry but let's call a spade a spade. "Voracek doesn't deserve to carry Ennis's skate to the rink", I completely agree after having assessed Ennis's skill-set, but you also don't have the capacity to judge that effectively based on a statistics degree and a website hence why you clearly believed Voracek was superior to Ennis (again 49 to 77) just 2 months ago. Speaks for itself.
    MT, not to speak for Dobber, but I believe (and you'll correct me if I'm wrong) those rankings to which you refer are not solely based on skill set.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

MT... I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time here, but you have proven that you can only post like a complete ass. I thought you were a benefit to these forums, but now I just think you just ruin good discussions. It's always all about you on every thread, but in reality, no one gives two shits about how incredibly awesome you are.

Tell me this, if everyone sees something differently than you, is it possible that you are the one to not be seeing it straight? Let me be clear, I'm not talking about your fantasy hockey analysis. I'm talking about how you post and how you come across as an arrogant twat. With your attitude and your written tone, no one is going to listen to you. Therefore, every word you write here is meaningless. People dont learn when they are being told they are stupid, that they are not fit to judge things or that they cannot comprehend what is being said. You do this all the time when you are attempting to argue your position. It eventually all comes down to how you are a better than anyone... ever and we are simply not as smart, observant or experienced as you.

Its no use blocking your posts b/c you always derail the entire thread with your need to be right. I'm wrong all the time - at least that's what my wife tells me. Thing is, when you are wrong, you have an opportunity to learn. If you always think you are right, you never learn a goddamn thing.

I can tell you that in all the years I've been here, I've never said this to someone - Get stuffed. We dont need you around here any longer.

Dobber Sports Expert

MT.. Wow.. You changed your opinion of Ennis and so did dobber.. Why do you try so hard to discredit the guys that run this site?
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    MT.. Wow.. You changed your opinion of Ennis and so did dobber.. Why do you try so hard to discredit the guys that run this site?
    ....and interestingly quite with regard to my comment on the parameters of Dobber's rankings.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think trying to form an whole opinion on a 21 or 22 year old offensive forward is absurd. Especially now with the trade to Philadelphia.

Ennis showed that, like Pat Kane, his lack of size may actually help him at the NHL level.

However, it's way too early to make statements like "x couldn't carry y's jock" when both players are so early into their respective careers. At this point its basically flip a coin.

I, personally, am excited at seeing Voracek in Philly, where he will get to play with Giroux or Briere - a huge step up from Brassard or Vermette.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

The Great One

I really think Dobber's comment was more of an "off-the-cuff" kind of remark based on how much he likes Ennis.

As for the ranking, maybe it was just an oversight and Ennis should have been moved above Voracek sooner. I wouldn't get all worked up about it. With so many different rankings/lists, they aren't always perfect.

Both Ennis and Voracek are good, young prospects and I for one am happy to say that I now own both!

After this and the other thread, instead of trading Voracek for Ennis, I traded Filatov for Ennis. My roster now has: Spezza, Pavelski, Berglund, Benn, Voracek, and Ennis (Heatley is still the odd man out).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98