Torture

Default Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

Catch a tiger by the toe
    If he hollers let him go,
    My mother said
    To pick the very best one
    And you are (not) it.

Who to start on LW/RW next week

Need to pick one more for each wing since Zetterberg and Hossa are the easy choices.

So pick one LW and one RW for next week...looking for G, A, PPG+SHG, Shots

Huselius (LW/RW): @SJ, @LA, @Anh
    2 Assists tonight, but otherwise cold as hell...perhaps getting ready to go on one of his tears though?
    Michalek (LW/RW): Cgy, Edm, @NYR
    Cheechoo (RW): Cgy, Edm, @NYR
    9G in his past 11 Games, hat trick tonight...looks like the train is finally leaving the station
    Horton (RW): Mon, Was, @Car
    Goals in 4 of 5, and points in 5 straight (Thanks Chris Nichols for those stats)

I realize it\'s a bit of a tough call because they\'re all good choices, but I\'d love to hear some opinions and/or hunches.

Dobber Sports Pro

i would go with michalek and horton.

SJ seems to finally be showing its offense, and it seems more often than not wen thornton gets a point so does michalek, and hes been more consistent than cheechoo (besides if cheechoo scores, michalek will probably assist, but if michalek scores, its probably from thornton and a Dman lol) thats just my hunch

horton because florida has been on a tear and have been scoring a lot and are also known to be second half performers to push for playoff position.

i didn\'t choose huselius because he could either get really hot this week by building on his 2 assists, or he can go ice cold again. also, other than LA, he is up against tough teams with goalies who are playing really well right now, especially giguere.

horton has \"easier\" goalies to play against, huet might have fallen back to earth after the whooping he got from Ottawa, washington games seem to be high scoring and kolzig is an easier opponent than giguere, carolina\'s play has been sporadic, and u can hope for a whooping from FLA like what NJ did to them on saturday.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Torture

Interesting that you chose those two mclaren...I was originally thinking Horton/Michalek was the obvious choice, but then Cheechoo blew up tonight, and Huselius (gasp) got some points. My thinking was also along similar lines as yours...easier teams to score goals against....

It\'s definitely not an easy choice...any one of these guys could end up having a strong week...just a matter of choosing the guy who has the best chance of doing that I suppose.

Hmmm...I think I\'ll sleep on it and see what others say in the morning
    (Karma for the fast response when it\'s late at night btw)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don\'t think I\'d be sitting Cheechoo at this point. He looks like he\'s baaack. I really like Horton as well, but I\'d go with the hot hand in Cheech.

I would go with Huselius, just a hunch and LA lets in goals like crazy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

michalek and cheecho , although with theses four all starting to produce i do\'nt think you can lose with any combination.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Torture

OK I think I\'m leaning to Huselius and Cheechoo now.

I\'d dress Michalek as well on LW, but that kind of seems like I\'m putting all my eggs in one basket....I\'d literally be dressing the entire SJ top line and goalie. Perhaps that doesn\'t really matter though because you know those guys will produce...hmm. As I write this my thoughts are leaning more towards Michalek over Huselius. Ugh.

With so many guys that have similar upside I think it\'s about time that I attempt to bundle one with Thomas and try to get somebody who\'s a clear upgrade though. (Not to mention that\'ll make room to pick Vanek back up)