Thread: Calling all mentors

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Calling all mentors

My league situation is a little complicated with 100 max games per position and a slightly shorter bench than we need to make max games at all positions easily.

My need is another D guy and the most disposal asset would be one of my LW guys - I really can\'t expect to get a gunslinger for a guy like Prospal but he seems to be the best trade bait right now. I don\'t think Elias is as attractive unless he has a great day today again.

I am thinking of floating him in a straightup offer for Campbell. In the end I think the deal will be okay for me.

Here is the point I am wrestling with - is Prospal the right guy from my roster to float out there? When I go to make the offer I back off - so that tells me I need to get some outside opinions.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Prospal has more value than Elias if someone needs points. He sits 30th overall in scoring (only 1 point behind Briere and ahead of Hossa and Huselius). Prospal is also 7th in scoring for left wingers.

Are you worried that Prospal is too much to offer or that he\'s not a valuable commodity?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I know all that about Prospal - he is my best LW points wise and I guess my hesitation is that if he continues to produce I might be much better off keeping him and throwing someone to the wolves for an FA D guy, rather than making a trade. I guess it is a little tough giving up your best points producer at LW even though it feels like with the guys I have - he will not end up as my best LW.

Cheechoo is a bit of an experiment for me as I am just a little behind in RW games and he seems to be heating up - he is the reason I am down to 5 D guys actually.

Edit: I never worry much about overpaying if my team gets better - producing D guys are like hens teeth in my league so I really don\'t lose by trading him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was trying to do the upsell on Prospal. It sounds like we\'re both thinking that he\'s a trade high candidate. Trust your instincts and make an offer.

Any chance you could do better than Campbell? If you count PPP, take a hard look at Bouwmeester. He gets a suprisingly low percentage of his points from the power play. Maybe pack him and Prospal for one of the big D boys and see if someone bites.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The B boys - Burns, Bouwmeester and Boyle are my producers on D over the last few weeks - Timo and Kaberle have been essentially stuck. In my points league, Bouwmeester is doing okay for the past month - quickly climbing so he is worthy of keeping. I think a package would defeat the purpose as I would be forced to activate Cammer.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I guess what I am trying to get to is having one more d guy and one less forward without selling the farm. On the other hand if this recent demotion of Prospal sticks then I think it is time to move fast and damn the torpedoes

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You got me checking deeper EM - thanks. I confirmed that Campbell is the most vulnerable guy to a trade with the most upside I think. Kronwall is FA and returning next week and his fantasy points are nearly the same as Campbell.

Anyway this is what did pop up, is there is some small possibility of moving Prospal and Burns for Phanuef to the same guy - hence Cammer replaces Prospal in my active roster so that might be okay - I can then continue to see about getting that 6th D guy.

I am going to give that a whirl and see if he bites.

Did you know that you can buy green sausages in Korea? The green comes from \'wasabi\' - hot little mothers they are but oh so yummy.

Dobber Sports Giant

As much as I\'m pretty sure Cammer will be back on the scoresheet pretty soon, I don\'t have any idea on how long the \"Big 3\" experiment in TB will last. If all went well Cammer will be the perfect replacement for Prospal.

Campbell would be good, but Phaneuf would be even better. This will allow you to activate Cammer without losing anybody. I would then actively look at that 6th D.

About theses sausages, do they ship oversees? I\'m already dreaming about these!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Green sausages are usually on sale here.. cheap.

But, next time I need my sinuses cleared I\'ll look for wasabi sausages.