Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Next Move] Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Flames used equipment sale was today and the two players who came for the autograph session were Jokinen and Morrison. Nothing at all concrete but I found it interesting Morrison was there. He didn't give anything away if he was re-signing other than non-committal answers but I found it interesting he was there. Just connecting the dots he might be around next season.

If he was, that would result in a bunch of Cs with Jokinen, Backlund, Langkow, and Stajan already on board. Moving Backlund to the wing could be an option. However, I think something has to give there as Stajan or Langkow as a 4th line C doesn't seem like a good use. Langkow isn't going anywhere and I wonder what the market for Stajan is. I would think he'd welcome a move as he hasn't really found a home here.

Beyond the Cs, Kotalik will most certainly not be part of the big club. He might get buried in the A, but hopefully he heads to Europe. I suppose he could be bought out but that would be a last resort. Hagman could be moved should anyone be interested in him however he could move up and down the lines depending on injuries or when players have dry spells.
    30 team league, 23 man squad, 10 prospects. points only, NHL salary cap. Keepers: 9F, 5D, 1G or 7F, 3D, 2G
    Likely Keepers
    LW: Hartnell, Datsyuk C: Grabovski, Gagner, RW: Perry, Voracek, Purcell
    D: Byfuglien, Carlson, Kronvall G: Fleury, Howard

Prospects: F: Tatar, K. Hayes, McKegg, Watson, Friberg, da Costa D: Taormina, Gustafsson G: Murphy, Kuemper

Regular Season Champion 2010-11
    Second place 2011-12

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dsteen View Post
    Langkow isn't going anywhere and I wonder what the market for Stajan is. I would think he'd welcome a move as he hasn't really found a home here.
    I don't know if I would say that Stajan would welcome the move but I can tell you that he is very aware of the fact that he might be traded. Despite the multi-million dollar contract, he has yet to buy a house in Cowtown due to the uncertainty of where he will be playing in the future. It's interesting to see the real-life effect of these kinds of decisions on players you know. I would feel kind of bad but then I remember that he's making millions of dollars to play hockey. The perks of the job far outweigh the drawbacks (assuming you escape without a brain injury).