Thread: Young D-Men

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Young D-Men

Another league I'm in is starting it's draft on Wednesday and I have a question about young dmen.

Oliver Ekman Larsson what is his upside?
    Who will be better in St. Louis Shatternick, or Pietrangelo?

Dobber Sports Legend

Ekman-Larsson has a tremendous upside but a lot depends on his role. This sounds weird, but OEL has the potential to be so good all-around that he may not get as much PP as he should because PHO has plenty of PP options.

OEL is great at moving the puck and is a precise passer. If he ends up manning the top PP point with Yandle, he could easily be a 50-point player. If not, he could fall a bit short of that. A reasonable comparable for OEL is Alex Edler - they look very similar out there.

As for Shattenkirk vs. Pietrangelo, both of these kids are studs now and will improve. But I think Pietrangelo has the size and skills to be among the elite defensemen in the NHL and in fantasy leagues.

As for comparables, I see Pietrangelo as a bigger Sergei Zubov and Shattenkirk as a Goligoski type (smallish with an offensive forte). I think Pietrangelo can be a 60-65+ player and Shattenkirk a 50-55+ player. Pietrangelo is scary good.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka