Thread: Nylander..interesting..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Nylander..interesting..

Nylander\'s agent has told the NewYork Post that Nylander will not be giving the RANGERS a hometown discount. He states that his client can command in between $4.5-5.0 million next season and possibly the season after that.

That leaves another $2 million available for possibly another set-up man to come in and wear the blue and white.

It will be interesting to see if Shanny signs or decides to retire. Without those two that will leave a huge hole on the Rangers frontline.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:Nylander..interesting..

I think that nylander\'s planning his retirement... This is his 401(k) plan... He\'s old (36ish?) and probably doesn\'t have more than 3 years left... so getting a 2-3 year, 4-5 million dollar contract would be great for him.

I don\'t think that he will fit in as well as he currently does ANYWHERE else, and his numbers will almost assuradly drop, but I don\'t know if you can blame the man... Datsyuk resigned for 6.7 million and only had 87 points this year. Why shouldn\'t Nylander be paid at least 5 million for getting just 4 less points (83) than Datsyuk?

If Nylander were 5-7 years younger, I\'d go with the Anson Carter arguement, \"ride the gravy train, taking less money if you have to in order to stay on it,\" but since he\'s entering the twilight of his career, I don\'t see a problem with him demanding at least 5 million...

As a side note, wouldn\'t it be interesting if Nylander followed ex-Ranger Rucchin to Atlanta? The thrashers are going to be hunting for some sort of center in the offseason, and this could be the one place where I think Nylander\'s numbers could stay the same as they are now...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lanky522 wrote:
    I think that nylander\'s planning his retirement... This is his 401(k) plan... He\'s old (36ish?) and probably doesn\'t have more than 3 years left... so getting a 2-3 year, 4-5 million dollar contract would be great for him.

I don\'t think that he will fit in as well as he currently does ANYWHERE else, and his numbers will almost assuradly drop, but I don\'t know if you can blame the man... Datsyuk resigned for 6.7 million and only had 87 points this year. Why shouldn\'t Nylander be paid at least 5 million for getting just 4 less points (83) than Datsyuk?

If Nylander were 5-7 years younger, I\'d go with the Anson Carter arguement, \"ride the gravy train, taking less money if you have to in order to stay on it,\" but since he\'s entering the twilight of his career, I don\'t see a problem with him demanding at least 5 million...

As a side note, wouldn\'t it be interesting if Nylander followed ex-Ranger Rucchin to Atlanta? The thrashers are going to be hunting for some sort of center in the offseason, and this could be the one place where I think Nylander\'s numbers could stay the same as they are now...
    very good point :cheer:
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

Here\'s my enactment of Glen Sather when Nylander makes that demand.

\"Bye Michal!\"

*Nylander leaves room*

*Sather picks up phone and dials*

\"Yeah, Daniel? Mr. Briere? Six million for you to play with Jagr. Interested? Great! Okay, we\'ll see you soon. Bye.\"

B)

Some agents are F*****g ******ed. Ruining a player\'s career by taking away their gravy train, just by being too greedy. Did nobody pay attention to Anson Carter last year?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber, Like I said in my earlier post... Nylander is 35 years old... If he signs a good 2-3 year contract with another team for a lot of money, then he\'ll be good, and he\'ll likely retire shortly after...

Why fault a guy for going for money when he\'s in the twilight of his career? I don\'t blame him...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

I...am your father.

True enough!

Although, any other team that signs him for 85-point money will be kicking themselves when he only gives them 60 points.

As I said, the Rangers should laugh his agent out of the office, pick up the phone, and give that kind of money (and then some) to Briere. Danny would get 110 points on that team.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey Dobber, if Briere sign for 6 millions, it will be for 5 years.

Because for 4 years, he will cost something like 6,8 or 7 millions !