Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Official 'Bust' Thread

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I wouldn't call Pouliot a bust, just because I don't call guys who stick in the NHL "busts". More like "underwhelming".

a bust to me is somebody who never makes it, or somebody who plays only a season before never coming back.
    i think your being to kind......pouliot was not taken 4th overall "to play in the NHL"......there was high expectations for him and he never has and never will meet those, therefore hes a BUST

Administrator

Pouliot is fast and talented but he's lazy and has ZERO hockey sense. He looks so clueless on the ice. IMO the only thing that will keep him in the NHL is the trend towards having three scoring lines.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Have to agree with the Tequila Monster on that one!
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Angelo Esposito is a huge bust for me. He had a ridiculous amount of hype through TSN. Lee in Ottawa is another example, as all of Sens nation was saying he was the steal of the draft. That clearly hasn't happened.
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by garethbush View Post
    Angelo Esposito is a huge bust for me. He had a ridiculous amount of hype through TSN. Lee in Ottawa is another example, as all of Sens nation was saying he was the steal of the draft. That clearly hasn't happened.
    Don't know who said that about Lee lol, not many people liked the pick. Drafting a guy 9th overall out of high school is dumb. But he has actually become a solid defensive d-man now. So I will not call him a bust. Bust for offense, of course...but again drafting a D out of high school that high is so dumb, who knows how he develops as he goes to college, the pros, etc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Don't know who said that about Lee lol, not many people liked the pick. Drafting a guy 9th overall out of high school is dumb. But he has actually become a solid defensive d-man now. So I will not call him a bust. Bust for offense, of course...but again drafting a D out of high school that high is so dumb, who knows how he develops as he goes to college, the pros, etc.
    Lee was supposed to be real good. Everyone regarded him as a real offensive defenseman. The sens tried him a few times and were wanting him to be there PP quarterback. He's a bust in my books. But he has salvaged value with his defensive play lately. I'll agree with that. Good for him for being adaptive. But still no where close to what he was drafted as.

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    i think your being to kind......pouliot was not taken 4th overall "to play in the NHL"......there was high expectations for him and he never has and never will meet those, therefore hes a BUST
    Man....this may be the first time i have agreed with you Tequilamonster. Pouliot was definately drafted to be a force on offense. Never came to be that. Definately a bust.

I wouldn't call Pouliot a bust, just because I don't call guys who stick in the NHL "busts". More like "underwhelming". a bust to me is somebody who never makes it, or somebody who plays only a season before never coming back.
    I think you have to factor in what a player was drafted as. Not may teams draft someone in the top 10 to be 3-4th line players capable of winning face-offs. They are drfted to put up ponts and be top line players.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Wizard

waddy1788's avatar.................now that's a BUST.

Ok, OK, OK......

Niskanen, check
    Barker, yep
    OSully, definitely (unless by some miracle, and it's sad to say , but someone fixes this guy's head)

Filatov, pretty much, but a tinge of hope

Daigle was definitely the worst, so much hype, all for not.......