Thread: Neideriter vs 3rd overall 2011 entry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Neideriter vs 3rd overall 2011 entry

IM in a full keeper and I have the 3rd overall entry this season. I have been offered Neideriter for the pick. I know that the first pick will likely be Hopkins and number 2 is looking like Landeskog. With number 3 I want a forward so i was thinking couturier but I hav a feeling he ends up in FLA and that scares me a bit. Am I better off moving that pick for a guy like Neideriter who looks like a guy with a good future?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think I'd rather have Nino. There's too many question marks when it comes to upside with Couturier, Strome, Huberdeau who would all be potential #3 picks for you. Landskog seems like he's going to be a good one but he's similar compared to Nino and it doesn't seem like you're targeting him anyway.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Give me that third overall pick. I would then select Ryan Murphy or Couturier. I would rather have either guy over El Nino.

Dobber Sports Genius

I am also not the biggest Nino fan, and think that I would prefer a couple of players in that #3 slot instead.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the thoughts. I do like Murphy with that pick but we only dress 5 dmen and I currently have doughty, j Johnson, e Johnson, elder, Markov, and rundblad so my focus was more on the forwards. I know for a fact that the guys ahead of me are taking Hopkins and Landeskog so that leaves me with the rest. I also think Nino is in a great place with ny and may roll shot gun with JT.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nino's upside is limited. Give me any of Couturier, Strome, Huberdeau ahead of Nino.

Couturier is getting a bad rep lately but whoever drafts him will not be disappointed.

Dobber Sports Legend

I think this is tough to answer without knowing which NHL club some of these kids will be playing for. Personally, I like el Nino's situation with the Isles. But, even though you only start 5-D, if Murphy ends up on a team like NJ, he might be my pick there.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

I'd only take Huberdeau over him. Maybe Couturier but his upside should be near Nino's.

Scratch that, I'll take Couturier over him too but it's close. Strome, no thanks, I think he has the most bust potential.

But like Fungchen said it will depend on the draft. I wouldn't trade Nino for Couturier or Huberdeau if they were to end up on Florida.
    Last edited by Big Ev; April 30, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll put it like this I'd take Nino over Okposo as far as NYI wingers go so I wouldn't by any means say his upside is all that limited. He has good skills, big frame, looks mentally fit enough, and will be play PP for sure and probably Even strength with Tavares. I'll take that in a multi-cat boom or bust as there's not legitimate indicator that he should be a 70 point range power foward.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

El Nino, all the way.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Come on guys, the El Nino hype is a little much IMO. Sure, Tavares is a nice player to play with but so is Crosby and no player has "broke out" under him. Linemates help but they shouldn't be the determining factor - especially at such a young age. Niederreiter is a talented kid but his upside is limited. Plus, there is no gaurantee that he plays with JT

Niederreiter finished fourth on his WHL team with 70 points in 55 games. It should also be mentioned that Niederreiter had the benefit of playing with a stacked roster with Johansen, Bartschi and Ross.

There are a lot of other players who I would rather own over Niederreiter. Hell, Nino's teammate Sven Bartschi (also eligible to be drafted with the likes of RHN, Couturier, Murphy, and company) had 16 more points than Niederreiter in his first year playing in North American hockey.

Couturier had 26 more points (96) than Nino.
    Ryan Murphy had 9 more points than Nino as a defenceman and is a year younger.
    And of course, Huberdeau notched 35 more points than Nino in just his 2nd QMJHL season. Huberdeau played with a stack roster in Saint Johns but the point difference cannot be ignored.

Take the 3rd overall pick and draft Murphy or Couturier.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; April 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

i keep the 3rd overall over nino maybe try to shop that pick for better option
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)