Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFL Draft Talk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

who are my packers going to take at 32? I bet they were drolling about Ingram (RB) being available but the Saints just scooped him up.

Any guesses?

Dobber Sports Stud

As a Pats fan, I'm done following drafts. Screw it. We're not going to do anything positive anyway except set up for the following year. Don't get me wrong, Coach Bill will turn whatever we get into a group of great players. But how about just once we go for players that are already there? Bah.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Eagles took a 26 year old volunteer firefighter from British Columbia with their pick.

His company came all the way down to New York and were in the stands to support him.

Pretty cool.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Reggie Bush just tweeted "It's been fun New Orleans" after they drafted Ingram.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    Reggie Bush just tweeted "It's been fun New Orleans" after they drafted Ingram.
    Yikes. Financially this makes most sense for the Saints though. Bush is too injury prone and does not contribute enough.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

As a Niners fan I was hoping Peterson would fall to us... Damned cardinals!
    I hope they don't head into next season trying to resurrect Smith for the billionth time behind center..
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    The Eagles took a 26 year old volunteer firefighter from British Columbia with their pick.

His company came all the way down to New York and were in the stands to support him.

Pretty cool.
    I'm rooting for this guy.. he didn't start playing football until 4 years ago when he joined the college team to help pay for his tuition (studying fire sciences). Plus he's Canadian and he grew up playing hockey

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yikes. Financially this makes most sense for the Saints though. Bush is too injury prone and does not contribute enough.
    Sucks for Chris Ivory and me (I own him). I was really hoping he'd take over the running reigns.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm glad they moved away from drafting skill positions with every pick. The trenches are IMO the most important places to build.
    Agreed. I thought Fairley was a great pick for them.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Falcons needed a WR. Roddy White is going on 30. We needed a franchise wide receiver and we got one. Falcons want to win now and are doing a good job and building for the future at the same time. I see the next Andre Johnson in Jones. 6'3, 220, a monster with speed. He won't be doing any special teams, I have no clue why you think that. We have already have a top returner. Jones was drafted because he is capable of being a franchise player at his position. Green has more potential to bust, he isn't an all around playmaker.
    Has the tools for sure, but his inconstancy in effort and dropped balls smacks of laziness (ala Charles Rogers). Not something I'd give up 5 picks to acquire.

After QB, the WR position has to be the next biggest risk. Roy Williams (7th overall) was dubbed one of the best WRs in the 04 draft class, Peter Warrick was dubbed "Can't miss" until Housh (a 7th rounder) replaced him, Troy Wiiliamson was supposed to be Moss' replacement, David Terrell was grabbed 8th overall.

He may very well succeed and I hope he does - I'm a Falcons fan after they were able to turn it around from the Vick debacle. It's just a big risk move is all I'm saying. Reminded me of something Al Davis would do.
    @SmittysRant