Thread: Vokoun - Out 'likely' atleast Wednesday

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vokoun - Out 'likely' atleast Wednesday

Concerned with the lack of updates i thought, hey...why not contribute rather than complain... thus a good ol' google realtime search popped this up:
    "likely" Out at least Wednesday
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,1082915.story

"[Weiss/Vokoun] will miss Wednesday's game against the Capitals and whether either plays again this season is up in the air.

"I'm not prepared to [rule them out, but] they don't look like they're close to me," Panthers coach Pete DeBoer said. "It's a risk-reward situation. If they're not 100 percent, it doesn't make sense to play them. We've got a lot of young people here who want to play and I think we need to take that approach now.""

Reading further:
    "Clemmensen the man

The day after Vokoun was injured, the Panthers recalled goalkeeper Tyler Plante from Rochester.

But DeBoer doesn't expect Plante, who hasn't played in a regular-season game with Florida, to be stealing any time away from Scott Clemmensen.

"If Vokoun isn't in there, Clemmensen gets the start. He deserves to play," DeBoer said. "The guy's worked here every day for two years and he's under contract next year, so he's going to be a part of this."

Clemmensen has gone 8-9-6 this year and has a 2.51 goals-against average. Vokoun has a 2.60 GAA with a 21-28-6 record."

Reading this, I get the assumption vokoun MEYBE plays this weekend, but the next 1 and meybe 2 go to clemmenson? Seeing as I have vokoun, crawford, niemi on one team in my H2h finals... i may grab clemm and just drop vokoun... then again, may be more worth while to grab a forward...ugh. descisions... what do you guys think?

as dobber says, names are nothing at this point its all numbers ... vokoun doesn't help much. i wouldn't mind maximizing an add early in the week seeing as i have 3 moves left.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Side Note: Vokoun skated
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...-does-not.html

other herald staff think hes unlikely to start the rest of season: http://twitter.com/DavidJNeal

seems like dead weight *sigh*
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

The Magnificent One

hey thanxs for all the info and updates. been looking also but not good enough apparently. playing the team who has him in the finals and helps if he is out.

my guess is he is done for the season. looks like clemm is going to be the starter next year with markstrom ridining close behind. they seem to want to give clemm some game time with the organization this season to prepaire him for alot of shots next season.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    hey thanxs for all the info and updates. been looking also but not good enough apparently. playing the team who has him in the finals and helps if he is out.

my guess is he is done for the season. looks like clemm is going to be the starter next year with markstrom ridining close behind. they seem to want to give clemm some game time with the organization this season to prepaire him for alot of shots next season.
    agreed on all countd... i got the impression a while ago when he got waaaayyy too many starts