Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Soccer] Zidane embarrasses young goalie

Banned

true that, but if anyone right now is going to do it it's going to be Messi..

C. Ronaldo is too flashy and one dimensional to do it IMO.

I'd like to think that Sneijder is of equal level with Zidane, but again he's too young still.

He does have the potential tho...

Ronaldinho is interesting. He was super good for 2-3 years, and then all of a sudden lost his touch it almost feels like. But, now I'm thinking of Brazilians, I have to point out that I absolutely loved Romario back in his days! And, on another Brazilian sidenote, Kaka doesn't have what it takes to be "the next Zidane" either IMO

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't know why, but I find that a very large percentage of Brazilian players burn out by the age of 29-30, although being mega stars for a while. I don't really see stars of other nations dying out at such a young age so consistently.

There are exceptions of course, most notably (in my mind) being Cafu. A truly great left back who was the Lidstrom of world football until recently.

Banned

I don't know what it is... They are pretty soft as well... Look at Ronaldo. He had such great promise for a long time too, and then just injury after injury....

My favorite Brazilian of all time, even ahead of Romario, has to be Roberto Carlos... That guy was a machine and a half... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnB_4Jtfy6A

Dobber Sports Genius

The third one was only ok. Every player could get that much of a swerve on the ball...oh my and the defending!! YIKES!!

The fist two were crazy, and Carlos at this best.

The 1997 was from the Tournoui de France, a four nation (France, England, Italy and Brazil) invitational. Early days of the Internet then, and those pictures had everyone buzzing.

The second goal is called the impossible goal (although I like #1). I saw a clip one time where some scientic type dudes actually proved (appearantly) that the ball defied the laws of physics as we know it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    The third one was only ok. Every player could get that much of a swerve on the ball...oh my and the defending!! YIKES!!

The fist two were crazy, and Carlos at this best.

The 1997 was from the Tournoui de France, a four nation (France, England, Italy and Brazil) invitational. Early days of the Internet then, and those pictures had everyone buzzing.

The second goal is called the impossible goal (although I like #1). I saw a clip one time where some scientic type dudes actually proved (appearantly) that the ball defied the laws of physics as we know it.
    Yeah I have seen that too... here's one of the explanations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp9Az...feature=fvwrel

That's too crazy for words... He is probably the best "curver" out there. That first goal is one of my favorite goals of all time. The third one was cool because it's a outside left shot, rather than inside curve.

Just so much fun to watch those kinda clips...