Thread: pick 2: Colborne, Morin, Tatar, Kreider

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default pick 2: Colborne, Morin, Tatar, Kreider

I can only keep two of these four heading into next season: Colborne, Morin, Tatar, Kreider. Which two would you keep? Positions don't really matter, though centres carry some extra value as we do count faceoff wins along with all the other standard roto categories. But I'm not too concerned about that; I'm deep in centres so I just want to keep the two best prospects.

Dobber's list has Colborne and Tatar near the top, with Kreider well behind the other three. But Angus' recent list had Kreider as the top ranked of all of them, and he suggested I rank Colborne as the lowest of the four. Would love to get some other opinions.

I really like Morin, but he seems like a bit of a band-aid boy, so I'm tempted to let him go because of that. On the other hand, he seems like the one who will have an impact soonest.

Thanks!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Master

That's very close. I think i'd take Colborne because of his situation (toronto team, weak at centre) and Tatar for his pure offensive upside.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would not keep Morin. the other three are a tossup, I'd go with whatever teams you like to watch. Colbourne, Tatar, and Kreider could be a ways off.

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is really close:

Tatar
    Colborne
    Kreider
    Morin

I would go with Tatar for sure who proved his talent in the AHL this year and probably Colborne. Like TK said the Leafs will give him all the opportunities to succeed.

Kreider have the upside but for me he's a little raw so risky. Morin will be a better NHLer than a fantasy impact player I think.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Tatar
    Colborne
    Morin
    Kreider

I really like Morin here but as a previous poster acknowledged he is becoming a bit injury prone. All four of these players are close IMO. Colborne and Tatar will definitely see NHL ice very soon (same goes with Morin).

I would take Colborne and Tatar

Dobber Sports Genius

I also put Colbrne and Tatar at the top of this list.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd take Colborne and Tatar.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wow, thanks guys. It's rare to get a consensus on questions like this. I appreciate the input!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin