Thread: Starting a keeper league - 6 MORE OWNERS NEEDED!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Starting a keeper league - 6 MORE OWNERS NEEDED!!!

Please read below and anyone interested email me back asap at [email protected]. Only hardcore Fantasy hockey fans will be accepted so please give me some details about yourself and your background on fantasy hockey. The sooner we find 10-12 worthy owners, the sooner we can start drafting. SO LETS GET IT ON!! Feel free to email me with any question or comments and post. Email me if you would like to see a example of what the roster sheets will look like, i will send you the excel file. This pool will be run off of Officepools.com

I am looking to start a keeper league with someone other than my friends too find some more competion from some really hard core fantasy hockey junkies. I would like to find between 10-12 teams. This pool will be a lifetime keeper league where you are keeping your players every year. Entry fee will be $50.000 to purchase your team and additional $30.00 per year. As soon as we get 10-12 teams, teams will be randomly drawn from hat and the draft will start over the internet with Owners having 12 hours to make there selection. Draft order will go 1-12 than 12-1. Each team will consist of 33 players max. This pool will be weekly with your team facing another team head to head each week. Lineup changes must be in too me each week before the start of the first game on the Monday. Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Every week you will start 3RW, 3C, 3LW, 4D, and 2 goalies. Point are given as follows. (1 goal- 1 point) (1 assist- 1 point) (1 goalie win- 2 points) (1 goalie shootout loss- 1 point) (i goalie shutout- 3 points)
    Here are more rules below, mostly takin from dobber keeper league start-up number #1.

NUMBER 1 RULE: ANY TEAM THAT IS SUSPECT TO TRYING TO ATTEMPT TO LOSE A WEEK TO FINISH LOWER IN THE STANDINGS FOR A BETTER DRAFT PICK WILL FORFEIT A FIRST ROUND PICK IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS OF ENTRY DRAFTS. If this is suspected please email me and it will be brought upon to the pool and if 75 percent agree the punishment will take place.

General

This is an ongoing pool. This means that the players you choose in the first draft could feasibly be on your team in the year 2010. Everything possible is being done to ensure that everyone in this pool is extremely knowledgeable about hockey, and extremely serious about hockey pools. I don’t want people quitting after three years just because they’ve done poorly. Suck it up and rebuild. Sure it costs money, but it’s not about the money, it’s about fun (and bragging rights).

1. Entry fee is $30 per year and $50.00 franchise buy-in. $30.00 yearly fee must be paid on or before draft day in cash. Exceptions need to be arranged with me beforehand, and SOME leeway will be given in extreme circumstances. Failure to comply will result in your team being auctioned off to the highest bidder. At which point, $30 would go towards the entry fee, and the remainder will go to the owner selling the team.

2. Every three years, the owners will review the entry fee. Only by majority vote, will the fee be increased. (A vote GREATER than 50% of the owners)

3. No refunds, obviously.

4. Ideally, everyone will be in this pool for decades, but there will be times when people quit. When this happens, anyone interested in joining the pool will submit bids to me, sealed in an envelope, by a deadline. The minimum bid is $100; any access earnings will go to the owner that put the team up for sale.

6. Every year, prior to the draft, owners can submit proposals for rule adjustments or additions. A vote of greater than 50% would pass the proposal.

AWARDS AND PRIZE MONEY. The following is the prize structure based on 12 teams

1st place, regular season $275.00 and the XXXX Cup (trophy)
    2nd place, regular season $120.00
    3rd place, regular season $ 80.00

Rookie of the year owner $ 20.00 and the rookie Trophy
    Administration/expenses $ 40.00

2. The rookie of the year award goes to the owner with POSSESSION of a player who is eligible for the Calder trophy in the NHL.

3. The first winner of the regular season will have the trophy named after them (so named the XXXX Cup after inaugural winner XXX XXXX. The first winner of the Rookie of the Year award will have the trophy named after them (so named the XXX XXXX Trophy, April 20th, 2003).

4. Anyone that fails to return a trophy to me by the end of THE NHL TRADE DEADLINE is subject to a $20 fine. Exceptions can be made if arrangements are made with me for a later return date. However, failure to meet the alternate arrangements will result in a $20 fine. In other words, if clearly no effort is made to get the trophy back to me, I will assess the fine at my discretion.

Trading and Yearly Entry Draft-

Each team may make 5 trades a year. Players and Draft picks can both be traded. TRADE DEADLINE is the NHL TRADE DEADLINE and the deadline is over when the stanley cup is won. No trades can be made from 9:01pm on the day of the NHL trade deadline, until midnight (12am) of the day that the Stanley Cup is won. However, there is UNLIMITED trading from midnight of the day the Cup is won, until the end of the entry draft.

Each year each team will be given 4 entry draft picks. This order will be based on your finish in the standings with the exception of the bottom 4 going into a lottery systam with the 4th last guy getting 40 poker chips in a hat, 3rd last getting 30, 2nd last getting 20 and the last place team getting 10. When your chip color is pulled you receive that pick. EX. 4th last team color is red and they have 40 chips in the hat and they are pulled out first they recive the 4th overall pick, etc, etc. The ENTRY DRAFT will start the day of the NHL Draft and each owner will have 24 hours to make there pick via email to every owner.

If an owner quits the pool at the end of the season, their last two trades will be investigated, even though the 48-hour deadline is long over. By a 75% percent vote, if either of the trades are deemed unfair, or that the players involved were “unloaded” at a price too cheap, the team or teams involved will be penalized by losing some, or all of their draft picks. This will be done by a vote of 50%. If a penalized team does not have any draft picks that year; picks for the following year will be used.

If is trade is made involving an injured or traded (in the NHL) player, and the owner receiving said player was not aware of it, too bad. This is a serious pool, and it is the responsibility of the owner to know everything about the trade that they are making. In the event that one owner misleads another owner – for example they claim that a player is healthy when, in fact, they are not – then the victimized owner must appeal within 24 hours of the trade. This is a very rare circumstance, and is only successful if the owner can convince me that he was intentionally misled. In which case, compensation that is agreed upon by both owners will be awarded. If neither owner can agree, all the owners in the pool will vote on whether to nullify the deal by a 75% vote.

5. “Buddy” trades will not be accepted. If anyone believes that a trade is FAR too lopsided, they may lodge a complaint with me. If that complaint is seconded, a vote will take place. A vote of 75% or greater will be sufficient to nullify the trade. THE COMPLAINT MUST BE LODGED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE TRADE. Owners win deals and lose deals - it happens. Sometimes owners lose deals badly. This rule is in place only for extreme situations. It is to prevent two friends from stacking one of the teams and splitting the prize money. It is also to prevent an owner who is planning on quitting the pool at season’s end from helping someone out by giving them a “deal”.

ROSTER SIZE

No team can have over 33 players on there roster after the entry draft is complete, so at the end of the entry draft each team must drop players if they are over 33 and those players will be eligable to be picked up by any team with less than 33 players. Last place team gets first chance and up. Owners are aloud to have over 33 during the season.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENCY

. Each team would be allowed one free agent signing during the season for players 24 years of age and older. Example - Andy McDonald in 2005-06. Perhaps TEAM X sees something in him back in November and decides to use his \'free agent\' signing. He scoops McDonald up. Or perhaps TEAM X wishes to save his \'free agent\' signing for a later date, but lo and behold TEAM Y scoops up McDonald in January. Too bad for TEAM X, it\'s first come first serve. Strategies that come into play - \'when\' do you use your free agent signing? Do you need to use one at all? It\'s another element that encourages GM\'s to keep an eye out for any 24, 25, 26, or even 34 year olds that start to show big promise. Another example - perhaps in February TEAM X \'signs\' Mike Knuble for the purpose of trading him at the deadline to TEAM Y for some young promise. The UFA signing can be used any time after the draft and before the trade deadline.

2. The age limit is set so nobody grabs a youngster - youngsters should be chosen in the entry draft, just like the NHL. Again - only one free agent signing per year, because you generally don\'t see NHL teams signing more than that, and it adds more strategy if your moves are limited (much like the 5-trade rule).

3. A newly-signed player must remain on your team for two weeks. This prevents a deadline deal from a top team saying \"use your free agent signing and pick up Knuble, and then trade him to me\" if that top team had already used their free agent signing for the year.

Other

1. Be very careful with the trades you make, and be very smart with your draft picks. I know from experience that once your team goes in the tank after bad trades and stupid picks, it takes four or five years to get back out and compete once again.

2. *IMPORTANT: Return all phonecalls and all emails within 48 hours if possible. Even for offers that seem stupid, at least give owners the courtesy of a two-minute phone call or email. Nobody likes waiting for answers, and it may affect other deals they are considering which are time sensitive. If the offer requires further thought, email the person with a brief note: “I’ll think about this for the next ## days and get back to you”. If hitting “reply” and typing that sentence is too time consuming, then join a Toronto Star pool where you just have to check boxes once per year.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Starting a keeper league - need 10-12 teams asap

I take it that draft will be held on-line??
    +/-.gls,assit,Dgls,Dassit,GWG,PPG,PIM,SV%,GAA,Wins
    8FD,4D,2G 22 players total,Salary Cap of 58million
    Shannon ,Malkin,Connolly,Peverley,Vermette,Frolov,Moulson,
    Stewart, Tanguay,Downie,Umberger,
    Foster, M Green, Jov,Kaberle,Gilroy,Letang,
    Biron, Huet,Conklin, ,Theodore

The Great One

I am very interested. I can give you a list of my experience and qualifications if youd like. I am very active in my other pool and would relish the challenge of a new league- the format is very appealing. Let me know- [email protected]
    -Karlos

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes the draft will be done online with each team owner having 12-24 hours (not sure yet) to make there selection. If interested email me back at [email protected]

Nick

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Karlos

I have emailed you at your kick ass email address, lol.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Cincy fan Im interested, Im emailing you as I speak.