Thread: Daniel Alfredsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Daniel Alfredsson

Anyone hear whether he'll be back this year? I've haven't heard a peep for at least a week.

Yes, I know I should drop him, but I can't bring myself to drop one of my all time favorites...
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Stud

Tidbits here and there, but nothing reliable. Travis Yost of hockeybuzz says that "there's a good chance that [he] may not see ice for the rest of the season," http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=34417, and Tony Mendes of SenShot says he's "ruled out as coming back to play this season," http://senshot.com/2011/03/13/sunday-morning-coffee. But the former doesn't cite a source and the latter cites himself as the source, having earlier (it appears) made his own conclusion that while Clouston stated that Alfredsson hoped to come back this season, it is "highly unlikely (and pointless) he will [return]." http://senshot.com/2011/03/07/spared-the-misery.

I think the next reliable thing we hear will probably be covered by the Citizen, AP or Yahoo. He's signed for 4.875 million per through 2013 though, so for what it's worth, I expect he'll be back.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Anyone hear whether he'll be back this year? I've haven't heard a peep for at least a week.

Yes, I know I should drop him, but I can't bring myself to drop one of my all time favorites...
    I sure hear that. I am gunning for second place (difference between second and third is $1000) and having Alfe taking up a valuable roster spot is killing me, but I can't simply drop him.

Even with a decline in production, you can do worse than Alfe as a lower forward. I think 60 points is reasonable next year, but common sense alone says that he won't be back. Why chance it?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    (difference between second and third is $1000)
    Holy shit, dude! What's the prize for 1st? How many teams in the league and how much do you each put in? Sorry to derail the thread, but damn!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
    Holy shit, dude! What's the prize for 1st? How many teams in the league and how much do you each put in? Sorry to derail the thread, but damn!

lol - ya its a fun league allright. 18 team keeper with a broad range of contenders, rebuilders and hopeless dreamers. $3000 for first, $1500 for second and $500 for third (roughly)

Our pot is generated by a $75 entry fee, but mostly by Add/Drops (unlimited) and trades. $10 per transaction really gets the pot building, especially with teams either rebuilding (picking up prospect after prospect, hoping to cash in) or teams like me in the hunt for the top three.

Some teams manage themselves really responsibly and others are happy to drop $500 per year to try and build a winner.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    lol - ya its a fun league allright. 18 team keeper with a broad range of contenders, rebuilders and hopeless dreamers. $3000 for first, $1500 for second and $500 for third (roughly)

Our pot is generated by a $75 entry fee, but mostly by Add/Drops (unlimited) and trades. $10 per transaction really gets the pot building, especially with teams either rebuilding (picking up prospect after prospect, hoping to cash in) or teams like me in the hunt for the top three.

Some teams manage themselves really responsibly and others are happy to drop $500 per year to try and build a winner.
    Wow! That's a really cool setup. I've never heard of that before. I'm going to suggest it to my league and see what happens

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
    Wow! That's a really cool setup. I've never heard of that before. I'm going to suggest it to my league and see what happens
    It is a CBS pool. I highly recommend it, as it really makes things interesting. The $10.00 per transaction really separates thoses who are willing to spend money to make money, those who are willing to sit on a team for a few years and hope that they develop and those who simply refuse to spend.

Past winners include both guys who have spent very little (made great keeper decisions and rode them to victory), spent a ton on waiver grabs and went through player after player who was hot for the moment, and guys who did a little bit of both.

For sure a fun way to go, as each year our prize pool has grown and grown. Wouldn't surprise me to see it hit $5000 in a couple of years.

good luck - you will see soon enough who are the tightasses in your league. lol

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue