Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tim Horton's Coffee Lid!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think this is probably the funniest thread I've ever read on here... I love it, a few things really made me laugh.

93213's point about the lid opening being close to the seam of the cup, I've had this one happen many times, and always think why can't they see what their doing and realize how to fix that.

littleranger's comment about them putting their coffee in used garbage bags is even better, that one made me laugh pretty good.

and of course the in depth discussion of putting the lid inside the cup is hilarious. Although to be honest if I have a problem with my tab not sticking where it should be, I just rip it off, but that doesn't happen that often.
    16 team H2H
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW
    W GAA SV SV% SO
    Keep - 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G

C - Crosby, Pettersson, Pageau
    LW - Teravainen, Kaprizov, Keller, gusev, Lafreniere
    RW- Stone, Kucherov(IR), Wheeler, foligno
    D - Letang, Makar, Hronek, Dumba
    G - Hellebuyck, Samsonov, Grubauer, Bernier, Rinne

Dobber Sports Master

This just in.... Tim Horton's coffee is terrible. Get your coffee from a proper barista.

Anyways, its clearly a bad lid if people have trouble with it. How hard should it be to drink coffee. It should be no more complicated than life coffee cup to lips, sip coffee, enjoy, (proceed to nearest toilet if you are Butch). That is it. Why bother your customer with the task of attempting to rip plastic off the lid?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fopa21 View Post
    They have dome lids for the hot chocolate, if you ask, they'll give you one for your coffee. Problem solved.
    not around here...I buy hot chocolate for my daughter sometimes and the lid is the same as my coffee lid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is a great thread.
    I have coffee spill stains all over my wife's Jetta (which is my car these days).
    She says I am messy.
    I disagree.
    I say I like coffee and enjoy the way her car corners.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    This just in.... Tim Horton's coffee is terrible. Get your coffee from a proper barista.

Anyways, its clearly a bad lid if people have trouble with it. How hard should it be to drink coffee. It should be no more complicated than life coffee cup to lips, sip coffee, enjoy, (proceed to nearest toilet if you are Butch). That is it. Why bother your customer with the task of attempting to rip plastic off the lid?
    And pay double to triple the price for it! Screw that!

I'm a Timmy's addict. Minimum 3-4 each day. It used to be more like 8.

The "trucker tab" (pushing the tab down) is a process I've been using for years. Greatly reduces spillage and I didn't realize how few people knew about this.

Also, the opening should always be directly on the seam. If it is just off to the side, spillage increase quite a bit. To the back reduces it slightly. Having the seam directly in the middle of the opening should almost enitrely eliminate spillage.

I used to work at Robins Donuts years ago and they have the same style lids. I qucikly learned that taking the extra half second to put the lid right on the seam made the customers happy. Many would even comment on it. You may still have a little leakage until you open it, but once the tab is open, there is virtually none.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

hahah, this thread is friggin great!

its every peeve of mine re Tim Hortons and i love it!

i gotta say though, as far as the coffee vessel goes. McDonalds has the best design, dual walled cup with a very user friendly lid. Although the Subway in our building has Seattles Best coffe and thier lids are the slider verson similar to a plastic travel mug, that i would llike to see on more applications.

i will try the 'trucker tab' idea though...ingenious!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson, Fantilli, Norris
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Drysdale
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR-
    IR-
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 1, 4, 5, 8
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

BTW... this thread is totally fantasy hockey relevant. It's coffee. No clue why it's posted in the lounge.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    BTW... this thread is totally fantasy hockey relevant. It's coffee. No clue why it's posted in the lounge.
    it's true...coffee and hockey (actually, Tim Horton's and hockey) go hand-in-hand.

They go together like a horse and carriage; this I tell you broooother, you can't have one without the oooooother.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    it's true...coffee and hockey (actually, Tim Horton's and hockey) go hand-in-hand.

They go together like a horse and carriage; this I tell you broooother, you can't have one without the oooooother.
    I'll prove the connection between Tim Hortons and hockey. Anyone ever see the Timbits hockey during intermissions? That's where the Canadiens did their scouting leading up to the 2009 free agency period.

Dobber Sports Sage

Curiosity finally got the best of me and I decided to open this thread. I've been to Tim Hortons a couple times in my limited Canadian travel, but living in southern CA, I don't exactly come across a TH coffee lid that often.

If people have gone to this length to discuss the lid...I'd have to think someone will post some pics? At this point I'm extremely curious to just see the lid.

@tlucarelli on twitter

The Great One

Default picture of coffee lids

This is actually in the article I linked to at the beginning when I created the thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    This is actually in the article I linked to at the beginning when I created the thread.
    Yeah...apparently my browser thinks that is a harmful site and it won't let me open...pretty sure that has something to do with my employer's web filter. It also won't let me open up thumbnails. I'll see them sooner or later.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    Yeah...apparently my browser thinks that is a harmful site and it won't let me open...pretty sure that has something to do with my employer's web filter. It also won't let me open up thumbnails. I'll see them sooner or later.
    Not sure if this applies, but Internet Explorer cries when you try to open most sites. It's a known annoyance.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Not sure if this applies, but Internet Explorer cries when you try to open most sites. It's a known annoyance.
    I dont know why I continue to use Firefox, but I've actually had more issues with Firefox than IE. At least on my work computer.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As a nice lid upgrade, I had a coffee from subway for the first time the other day and they had a nice slider to open and shut the lid after each sip. It was wonderful.