Thread: Letang or Green

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Letang or Green

Keeper league 10 teams.

Dobber Sports Ace

as a pissed off Green owner this year i'd say Letang....it's really close though and i would still probally take Green come next season hoping for another 70 pointer....they cant suck next year can they?
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Star

Green all the way, even though I feel Letang could become a consistent 50-60 point player with some upside for 70. Green has already done it twice.

I have Green in both my keeper leagues (and Letang too) and it is amazing the godawful trade offers some have been sending me. One guy advised me that I better trade him quick for a good prospect before he does a Phaneuf.

Green will be fine. Even Nick Lidstrom has had a couple or three bad years.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Green here as well. Letang still has question marks as whether or not he can consistently put up points.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Legend

Green. Letang is top-5 though.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Green all the way.

Pts Only 1y - 9 Teams
    F: Stamkos, H. Sedin, Voracek, St Louis, Hornquist, Ladd, Semin, Ribeiro, Hudler, Kuznetsov
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Letang, Goligoski
    G: Price, Holtby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

all the players on the washington capitals pool values will depend upon if washington does well in the playoffs. if they do, then they will continue to employ their defensive play then green's numbers will stay lower than it should be. if they exit from the playoffs early then i can see them going back to their offensive ways. so if u can wait until the playoffs are over before making a decision then that might help. if u have to make a decision now then i would say green.

Dobber Sports Ace

Gonchar, Whitney, Goligoski and Letang all at one point were "the" man on Pittsburgh at one point and well it kept changing so really its hard to say if Letang will keep it up.

Green has been consistent in his rank of #1 fantasy d. Major injuries this year throw him slightly off but I'd still take Green any day.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by sakic19 View Post
    Gonchar, Whitney, Goligoski and Letang all at one point were "the" man on Pittsburgh at one point and well it kept changing so really its hard to say if Letang will keep it up.
    Gonchar was 'THE MAN'. Whitney was projected to become 'THE MAN'. Goligoski has had spurts of being 'THE MAN'. I just get the impression that PIT management has been grooming Letang all along as the FUTURE MAN...and it appears he's there now.

I'll grant you he hasn't proven it multiple years, but his steady progression offensively and defensively speaks well of his ability to remain in that place.

I'm not arguing for Letang over Green...I understand the 'take the more proven commodity' mentality. I would say two things...Green is not untouchable with Carlson developing and this isn't the first year Green has been hurt. I'm with Wild Hendy in agreeing this is close between the two.

My head says Green is the 'smart money' choice, but I couldn't bring myself to trade Letang [who I own] for Green right now even if the offer was on the table.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it's a lot closer in multi-cats than pts only. Despite letangs drop-off in production for a bit there (and considering the lineup that team is icing it's understandable), Letang is still on pace for:

11-53-64, +22, 106 PIM, 31 PPP, 238 SOG. He is currently ranked #13 in yahoo standard cats.

I own Mike Green in a one year pool, first time I have ever owned him actually and his durability is laughable. But his track record for points speaks for itself, as very few dmen are even capable of putting up the seasons he has on his resume. Gotta chalk it up to an off year, but really at this point in time you would still need to give Letang+ to get green (which I wouldn't do), but if I could get Letang+ for my Green I would certainly consider it.

Letang is for real.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Of the two I'd keep Green, and also hope that the Capitals flame out during the early playoffs.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.