Thread: What Zetterburg again!! ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What Zetterburg again!! ?

I just traded for him! Say it isn\'t so!!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._zetterbe.html

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Okay if you insist. \"It isn\'t so\"

Always amazes me that when a guy with a recurring ailment like Zetts has goes down again, that folks still get dismayed - live by the sword, die by the sword.

It\'s unfortunate for his owners but gosh - if you have him in a keeper, the next time he scores 30 points in 15 games - trade him for someone durable. You likely won\'t regret it. Backs are bad - Sullivan isn\'t playing right now by choice - he can\'t.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know he has back problems and it\'s something we as owners have to deal with time to time...but unlike some of the other Bandaid boys...THIS GUY IS MONEY $$$$ everytime he is on the ice.

That is the sort of thing that we as owners can\'t pass up. Top ten scorer in the NHL even with his ailments ...WOW!!

I hope he\'s back soon, but if he misses the 2 games this week atleast it\'s the Allstar Break. I will miss his points but as a smart owner it\'s probably best he take the week off. I am sure I will be better off if he does.

Torture

I\'m pretty sure that he\'s just sitting out \'till after the ASG, and is mostly missing the ASG for precautionary reasons. I don\'t think it\'s supposed to be a long term injury, just a few games.

Although it would be nice if in the future Zetterberg could let us know that he\'s injured before my lineups are due. Both times he\'s been out he\'s announced that he\'ll be out the day AFTER my lineups are due. :angry:

Dobber Sports Genius

Shoeless wrote:
    Okay if you insist. \"It isn\'t so\"

Always amazes me that when a guy with a recurring ailment like Zetts has goes down again, that folks still get dismayed - live by the sword, die by the sword.

It\'s unfortunate for his owners but gosh - if you have him in a keeper, the next time he scores 30 points in 15 games - trade him for someone durable. You likely won\'t regret it. Backs are bad - Sullivan isn\'t playing right now by choice - he can\'t.

Exacttlyyyy. I just hate losing out on player to injuries even though talent wise, they may be better.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You have to balance with the kind of league you are in of course - with a longish bench or multiple IR slots, one can often wait out the gaps with minimal impact.