Thread: Time to Drop Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Time to Drop Rask

One year league , team in signature, i'm in second place, my other two goalies are Bobrovsky and Quick. Is it time to drop Rask or should i hold on to him for another few games? I just feel like i could be getting more production out of another forward instead of Rask eating a spot.
    8 Team - H2H 1 Year- (G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (SH%), (FW), (BLK) (W), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)
    Start - 2C/2L/2R/4D/1Util/2G
    C - Getzlaf, Johnson, THornton
    LW - Hall, Gaudreau, Palat
    RW- Seguin, Voracek
    D - Yandle, Klingberg, Barrie, Miller
    G - MA Fluery, Halak, Niemi

Dobber Sports Icon

Given the fact that you have 2 G spots I think you need to carry 3 goalies. Rask is a decent option at 3rd but there may be better options on your WW. If you had two work horse goalies, then I would consider only rolling with 2, but if Bob slumps, Boucher could take over and you would be in trouble.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The only goalies available on the wire are probably in very similar positions to Rask, limited time. Garon, Schneider, Bernier, Lindback....Montoya is the only one who might get some time in the next little while. Not really sure i consider him an upgrade to Rask.
    8 Team - H2H 1 Year- (G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (SH%), (FW), (BLK) (W), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)
    RW- Seguin, Voracek

Dobber Sports Icon

I could see Schneider or Garon getting more starts and better stats than Rask for the rest of the season.

That being said, it's a crap shoot between the 3 of them. Montoya is about the same although he's the only one who has a shot at outright winning the #1 job.

I would probably hold tight for now unless one of the other goalies mentioned gets really hot.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I could see Schneider or Garon getting more starts and better stats than Rask for the rest of the season.

That being said, it's a crap shoot between the 3 of them. Montoya is about the same although he's the only one who has a shot at outright winning the #1 job.

I would probably hold tight for now unless one of the other goalies mentioned gets really hot.
    Yeah it is definitely all a crap shoot, i'll hold on for another while and see what happens down the stretch i guess.

Thanks for the input!
    RW- Seguin, Voracek

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Scheider is a close call with Rask - Rask is great (and likely to be elite) but I think the inconsistent starts are killing him and Boston doesn't have the same edge as when Timmy T. is in net. I agree it is a crap shoot - any chance you could get a slight upgrade from the Thomas owner somewhere else for Rask and then nab Scheids?