Thread: 2011-12: Garon, Dubnyk or Montoya?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 2011-12: Garon, Dubnyk or Montoya?

Next year only, who do you like? (my league rules/team in sig. Price is my G1 in this deep keeper.)

Does UFA Garon re-sign in Columbus, or has he done enough to earn a better gig elsewhere? I think the latter. Will he produce enough to be a keep-able G2, and if so, where?

I think Dubnyk emerges in the next year or three as Edmonton's G1. If he has to battle to do so, at least he's worth a G2 or G3 in a deep league, no?

Montoya. I think I'll trade him at the first whiff of success. Is that so wrong?

I can only keep one of these (in addition to Price).

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Guru

Garon is a quality backup goalie - one of the best in NHL. He shouldn't have any problem finding a job in the summer. But at the same he's only a backup goalie so do not expect much from him.

Montoya - you're absolutely right in selling him with the first chance you get. He's nothing spectacular and I doubt he's in the NHL next year. Career journeyman backup goalie at best.

Dubnyk is your best bet and only one of these with a starter potential. He's locked up through next year and has to compete with Khabibulin and Khabby's done. Hard to tell about Dubnyk's future in the long-term but he has a potential to be a starter in the league. He's by far your best option here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dubnyk is your best shot.

Garon will find a job elsewhere, but chances are he'll still play the same number of games.

Montoya is a crapshoot.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dubnyk is a young goaltender with pretty nice upside, plus the Oilers should be better and he will be their number 1 netminder.

Look for around 30 Wins if he starts next year, as he should.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."