Thread: Reimer/Montoya vs Anderson or Schneider

MacLiii

Question Reimer/Montoya vs Anderson or Schneider

I play in a 12 team (14 player) keeper league where you are allowed no more than 4 goalies on the roster. We play 5 H2H games each week and the maximum a goalie can play is 3 GP per week. My team has taken Huge hits Health wise (Parise, Roy, Spezza, Cammalleri) and my pre-season strong goaltending (Howard, Rask, Anderson) has gone to hell (I've since picked up Schneider).

My Dillema is that I've fallen out of first in my division and am fighting for a playoff spot.

Both Reimer and Montoya are available on the waiver wire and I am wondering which goalie to release for one or both. I am leaning towards Schneider even though he is highly talented but circmstances just won't give him much playing time without a trade.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you're in a one-year league, then Schneider has the least value to you (barring a trade) if you're not rebuilding. I hate to drop a good young talent like that, but the fact of the matter is that both Reimer and Montoya would help you more, if Montoya plays decently.

Consider that Montoya's stats could end up being worse than Anderson's. Montoya's a totally blind gamble.