Thread: Taking offers for Crosby.....please help!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Taking offers for Crosby.....please help!

So I recently aquired Crosby in a great trade.......great until he went down with a concussion 3 days after I got him, which pretty much sums up my season. I am also a Malkin owner, so his recent injury is a massive blow to my team. I am in a fight for the final playoff spot in my league, and can't see myself getting in without some more fofense as I face the top teams in the coming weeks.

I wanted to wait out Crosby's injury until his return, but I've been reading whispers from the Penguins saying they are hoping for a March return........this does not sound great at all as March is fantasy playoff time. He obviously does me no good for the playoffs if I don't make it, as a result I think it's best to try and get the best value I can for him from one of the teams that has already clunched a playoff spot.

So far I have sent out a few offers, this is the best counter-offer I've received so far:

My Crosby and Datsyuk for his Getzlaf and Thornton.

Normally I would consider this insulting, but given the situation I am actually considering it. I am hesitant on dishing Datsyuk as he will be great down the stratch if he regains his pre-injury form, so would prefer dish someone else along with Crosby.

What are everyone's thoughts on this situation? This is a crucial trade which will definitely determine my playoff fate.

Thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

bump. totally torn, any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

It's tough to even consider trading the #1 fantasy player on the planet. Getzlaf is not a lock to come back on the 9th, and you have to wonder if for a few weeks he'll be the player he was before the injury. He's a physical guy and you have to imagine he'll be a bit gun-shy. So I don't think that getting him and Jumbo is necessarily a good short term move. Who's out there that you can pick up once you drop Gino? If there's a decent guy available, I think I'd wait a week and see what the Crosby story is. And then you'd also know more about Getz as well.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would trade crosby. If he is coming back in march then you are almost hopeless to win the league. dont take that chance.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think the loss of Dats makes it a bit steep, maybe Sid + something else for those two, or maybe Sid alone for Getz + a lesser Thornton
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that losing Dats makes it steep for sure, I'm exploring the other options you suggest.

Also got another offer of Bobby Ryan + Mike Green for my Crosby, what do you think of that? In my mind, that's a better deal assuming Green isnt seriously injured by that shot. Keep in mind this is a one year league and the window on theser trades may be closing with rumblings of Crosby being out till March or April.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am not sure Green is going to turn it around. Everyday at look at the boxscore for wash. and it continues to be the players you don't expect.

Could you package Crosby and Horton is someone wants another player. Horton has somewhat of a name of being good, but he has had a terrible season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Even if Green continues to be average, I think the deal still helps me greatly as I would have Green and Ryan for 6-7 weeks as the playoffs approach vs. Crosby for 1-2 weeks or not at all (which is sounding more likely every day).

Both guys proposing these trades have huge leads in the standings and are willing to take the risk that crosby is back for the fantasy playoffs. I am just trying to make the playoffs and cant afford to wait till March for his return as I'll be well out of it by then.

Would still like to hear from others about which (if either) are in my team's best interest.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bump......anymore input from all the savvy fantasy fiends in here?

Dobber Sports Veteran

To summarize this thread, I'm looking for input on a couple of potential trades in my one year league where I'm struggling just to make the playoffs and just lost Malkin and fear that Crosby wont return until March

My Crosby for Bobby Ryan and Mike Green

and

My Crosby and Datsyuk for their Getzlaf and Jumbo Joe

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd take thr Ryan/Green deal. If they can wait a day or 2 to hear the extent of Green's injury, of course.

You can;t give Crosby and Datsyuk in that other deal, one year or not. Make them pay and tell them the other pool leader is in on it.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bump. So these trades are open for a couple of hours longer that's it. What do i do?