Thread: Havlat/Hejduk for Carlson/JVR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Havlat/Hejduk for Carlson/JVR

I'm currently in 1st and adding Havlat and Hejduk would help me even more this year. But would I be sacrificing too much of my future in doing this deal? The deal would also see 2 3rd round picks coming my way.

I could probably switch subban instead of carlson. Depending on who you think has the better upside. I think Carlson does.

Thanks for your help.

Dobber Sports Guru

How far in first are you, and how much further ahead will this put you?

I don't think it's a bad idea to trade a bit of the future to win now. You never know what will happen in the next five years. If you have a chance to win this year, I think you take it (provided the move increases your lead by quite a bit: if it's only 10 points or so, I wouldn't do it).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This trade would give me an extra 30 points, which would push my lead to 46 points. That being said, how far away are we from JVR and Carlson making a significant impact fantasy wise. Carlson should finish with close to 40 points, if not more and JVR should finish with over 40 points.

How do you see them doing next year?

Dobber Sports Guru

Not sure how they would do in the future, but that may not be the issue here. Knowing this move could potentially put you over the top to win this year, do you make the trade?

For example, last year a guy traded me Stamkos, Duchene, a first rounder and spare parts for Gaborik, Gonchar, Nabokov, Scott Niedermayer and Weiss. He knew he was giving up the future, but that trade put him in first place, and he ended up winning it all. He could have kept Duchene and Stamkos, but then he wouldn't have won. And who knows if he would ever have a chance to win again in the next eight years.

Not every one would do that, of course. That's why you have to decide whether you want to win now, or hope that everything goes right for you next year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid