Thread: Better goalie options?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Better goalie options?

Hey guys, I've got Lundqvist and Price as my number 2 and 3 goalies. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering if any of the WW goalies would serve me better for the remaining 30 games or so.

In a wins and shutouts only set up, which two would you take of the following:

Lundqvist
    Price
    Roloson
    Bobrovsky

I think I've got to hold on to Lunqvist, probably, but would you take Rolo or Bob over Price, or would you just stand pat?

Goalie details are in my sig. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

for the remainder of this season i think roloson over price and bobrovski.
    lundy is a no brainer.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Novice

Wins and SO only 1 yr league...I think the way Roloson is playing can't be ignored. I think he's on fire and that team is for real. Bob is too much of a risk to split time with Boucher, so between Price and Lundqvist...I'd go with Lundqvist.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Personally would take Rolo over Price. Montreals hurting and I see Tampa winning more games than Montreal over the remaining games. Especially if its only a W + SO league.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If shutouts count, you can eliminate Bob-o right away. Moving on, who do you see wining more games down the stretch, Montreal or Tampa? Answering this question should solve your dilemma, though I believe Price has the potential for more shutouts than Roloson does.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd stick with what you have.

The Great One

As well as Price has played, I can't help but wonder whether all the games in net might wear him down, not to mention the fact that he has not shown himself to be a particularly mentally tough player, so as late season pressure begin to mount his stats could suffer.

As for Roloson, he's old but his conditioning has not been an issue, and he's riding high on a combination of talent and playing on a good team for the first time in what seems like a decade. I think that is more than enough to carry his momentum through the rest of the regular season.

The fact is that if you have Thomas and Lundqvist, you could probably start Andre Racicot as your third goalie and do well, but if given the choice I think you'd want to go with Roloson over Price in a 1 year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks a lot for the input, guys. I appreciate it. I decided to pick up Roloson for Price. Here's to hoping he and the Lightning keep winning!