Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ovechkin for Toews and Heatley

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eluzionz View Post
    I have to disagree on some points many have made.

The 3 for 3 trade (where you get malkin, kovy, and ericsson) is a solid trade for you. Malkin, although injured right now, will return tomorrow (supposedly) and is very likely to do well. He always does...

Kovalchuk - Sure he's been bad. But if you look at his recent stats, he was pretty damn solid in January. Also, with Brodeur playing much better, getting them some wins, the team will hav emore motivation to play. ALSO, with Parise to return soon, that is just another strong factor on the devils to aid in Kovalchuk's production.

Ericsson - Clearly badass.

Ovechkin WILL go crazy in this bit of the season, but gerbe and whoever the other person was will not. The other guy clearly overvalues Ovechkin and I would capitalize on this deal.
    Agree, take that deal if offered.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've never understood the logic when people suggest trading 2-3 elite players for Ovie/Crosby. I often hear people saying "if you get a chance to acquire Ovie/Crosby you jump all over it!"... makes no sense to me.

In fact, in every pool I've been in where I get Ovie or Crosby, the very first thing I try to do is shop them to people who place a ridiculous premium on these guys. You can often get tremendous value in return.

As great as Ovie/Crosby are, they are not going to outproduce two-three elite players.