Thread: Vokoun or Miller?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Vokoun or Miller?

Any recommendations on who to start this week? I am starting Nabokov despite his recent troubles.

Vokoun has been awful lately and Miller has one win in 4 weeks

Here is the schedule

Vokoun Ott Edm
    Miller @Phe @Dall

Vokoun has two home games, and Ottawa is slumping. I also fear, however, that Anderson could get a start. Miller hasn\'t been as bad, but other than the 10 goal outburst, Buffalo can\'t score.

Thoughts? My league info is in the signature. I am in first place by 8 points but my GAA has been sinking and, while I lead the league in wins, its been awhile since I had one.
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Torture

Ugh that\'s a tough one.

I\'d give Vokoun the edge though. You said you\'re ahead in wins so it doesn\'t hurt as much that Florida isn\'t a good team. With Ottawa\'s big guns out and them slumping you don\'t have to worry (as much) about them lighting Vokoun up. Edmonton is a bottom feeder so that\'s another one that you can potentially win.

Buffalo is on a major skid right now, I wouldn\'t trust anybody on their team except for Roy and Campbell right now.
    Not to mention that both Phoenix and Dallas are pretty hot lately.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ride Vokoun. He hasnt played that bad though he probably needs a rest. The Panthers have just not put up good numbers in front of him and the D has really hurt him. The Beach Cats have been killed by PP goals lately and they do not have the firepower to keep up if they cannot stay out of the box. I steer clear of the Sabres. They need a lot more than a 10 goal outburst to win me back.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Ninja

When I\'m faced with a situation like this, I ask myself, \"Self, what would Mike Milbury do in a situation like this?\" Then I would do the opposite.

Go with Miller, he should start both games and hey, he\'s due!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket