Thread: urrrgent help requested by midnight

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default urrrgent help requested by midnight

gentlemen,

we have a situation.
    i need to start winning and scoring in my H2H Weekly changes league.
    Goals, assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, Gamewinning goals, Faceoffs Won are the stats we count.

My team is the squad below.

I\'m looking to add some more oomph to my squad from anyone thats been hot recently and might continue it into next week/future.

Here are the players on the FA list (and their weekly rank in ( )\'s :

P.Mueller (9)
    Brunette (33)
    Samsonov (46)
    Kozlov (53)
    Sturm (75)
    Penner (78)
    Upshall (90)
    Vermette

others available are: Filppula, Modano, Recchi, Cheechoo, Legwand, Stoll, Downie

My thoughts:

-I\'m thinking that while Mueller is hot, plug him in and drop svatos?
    -Is Brunette going to \"bounce back\" you think? Should I pick him up?
    -Vermette is a very good faceoff guy

So...
    Who would you pick up? - i\'m probably going to drop Svatos for any of these guys, play Backstrom in my C slot and put whoever i pickup into my Util...

Please help - I need to set the rosters by midnight tonight and would honestly appreciate any/every opinion - as varying and random as they get. (If someone isn\'t on my list and you think i should target him please feel free to chirp in!! )

Thanks guys!
    Let\'s \'ear it...

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

Super Moderator

I\'d go with Mueller and maybe Sturm. Mueller is hot and I think on that team he won\'t cool down too much. Sturm just sticks around and gets his share of points somehow. I like the idea of dropping Svatos cause Colorado is just a bad team to have right now, IMO, hence why I don\'t think you should take a chance on Brunette. If you\'re desperate for face offs, then forget Sturm and take Vermette like you said cause he\'s the best out of the bunch on faceoffs.
    Also, if you\'re feeling like taking a crazy gamble, take a look at Samsonov. With Brindamour and Cole I think he\'ll get quite his share of points, that is unless he gets bored and quits again.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah, i totally hear you on the samsonov gamble - if (always the big question) he does stay on track and gives an honest effort he could be quite a decent pickup short term..

brunette didn\'t \"wow\" me out of the bunch, and the avs situation now didnt thrill me either - just didnt know if he\'s going to be that horse that alot of people hoped he would be, you know?

i guess i\'m leaning towards the coyote but am still open to all your suggestions out there - anyone else?

thanks in advance!

- -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mueller
    Sturm
    Vermette
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Recruit

I concur with the recommendation of Mueller, but I also suggest that you take a look at Filppula as a sleeper. One of your categories is +/-, and he\'s going to be a ton of help there. I believe he\'s at most an injury away from a bigger offensive role on a very powerful team. The warning here is that he\'ll probably need that injury to make a splash on the power play; right now he\'s second line at best. Luck to you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

thanks horatius, i appreciate the fresh idea and your reasons behind it. karma to you for that...

anyone else have any ideas?
    greatly appreciate it fella\'s...

- -

Dobber Sports Ace

I can\'t believe that no one has said Brunette yet. The injury to Smyth was just what he needed, although in Dobber\'s looking ahead in Crosbys absense, Colorado had quite the low ranking. I personally feel that if you want a gamble that could pay off, I would take a hold of Cheechoo. Also along the lines of gambles would be Modin who would be playing on a much better Columbus team for the first time this year. Maybe go Mueller until he slows down and one of these two get hot, but my prediction is that neither will last for long.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Torture

anyone else have any ideas?
    greatly appreciate it fella\'s...
    Looking at your roster, I think it would be safe to drop Radulov for somebody that can help you this year. You only keep two, so I doubt that Radulov makes the cut (since you have Thornton, Malkin, Nash, maybe you want to keep a goalie [dunno the value of goalies in your league].