Thread: [Hockey History] Anniversary of the Dion Phaneuf Trade

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Hockey History] Anniversary of the Dion Phaneuf Trade

One year ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Dion Phaneuf. As a leaf fan, it was definitely shocking to see Burke complete a trade of this magnitude. Dion has not had the success offensively or defensively as he would have liked but his presence on the team cannot be underestimated.

I am not a huge Phaneuf fan at all but the Dion Trade is one I would want Burke to make over and over.

Here is to hoping the Brian Burke has something similar up his sleeve in the upcoming weeks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    One year ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Dion Phaneuf. As a leaf fan, it was definitely shocking to see Burke complete a trade of this magnitude. Dion has not had the success offensively or defensively as he would have liked but his presence on the team cannot be underestimated.

I am not a huge Phaneuf fan at all but the Dion Trade is one I would want Burke to make over and over.

Here is to hoping the Brian Burke has something similar up his sleeve in the upcoming weeks.
    Amen Brutha!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post

He is exactly what the team needed and I too like the trade everyday of the week! I really think that his defensive play has been better as of late and that his offensive will come with the departure of Kaberle, for some reason I feel that the two of them hinder each others production on the ice?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Only thing that Burke's done that I actually liked since he came to Toronto.