Thread: Covering Crosby

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Covering Crosby

I just lost Crosby. In fact, during the day I was thinking to myself that perhaps this could be the first time in fifteen years of fantasy hockey that I didn\'t have a significant injury. *shrugs* Sorry Sid.

At any rate, here\'s what\'s available in my deep, 14-team league. One year, points only. I have room for 1-3 guys so let me know if you think more than one is worthy of a roster spot.

Sillinger
    Guerin
    Hartnell
    Parrish
    O\'Sullivan (although I already have Cam, Kopitar, Visnovsky)
    Svatos
    Vermette
    Pyatt
    Conroy
    Park
    Perrin
    Stafford
    Viktor Kozlov

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
    One Year, Goals and Assists Only
    F: Malkin, Savard, Getzlaf, M.Michalek, Semin, A.Kostitsyn, Mueller, Cammalleri, Demitra
    D: Chara, Boyle, Salo, Enstrom, Burns

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Covering Crosby

I suppose it depends on how many you might actually play but Guerin and Hartnell seem to be playing up these days. Vermette might be a lucky blind pick with Heater out. Those would be 3 I would add if I had the room and there was no penalty for pick-ups.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Covering Crosby

we all know that Samsonov is the only man who should be taken! :laugh:

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Covering Crosby

kozlov or vermette should produce nicely.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Covering Crosby

The leagues doesn\'t seem to be that deep with players liek that on the wire, i would kill for some fo those. There are some good names there though, I hate alot of them right down to their guts, but I would have to rank Hartnell, Guerin pretty high. My first pick would be O\'Sullivan, and might not even be that bad for you. It will be like you get 2 points on every goal that Kopitar/Brown/O\'Sullivan score rather than just one. Svatos is a good pick right now if you are in need of goals, or Vermette as well. You have lots of pretty decent options. I would still say O\'Sullivan though. You are doubling your output from Kopitar.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Covering Crosby

Anonymous has a point but it can also be to your detriment with so many LA guys - Hartnell is like a wrecking ball right now - ride him while he is hot and when he chills off - jump to another guy - very good options as Anon suggests

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Covering Crosby

Thanks for your help guys. I went ahead and picked up Hartnell before someone else did. He had a 4-point night tonight and I\'ve waited 15 minutes too long on some other guys this year...Bertuzzi being one of them.

Hartnell was put into my empty roster spot. I still can pick up another guy. If so, I\'d be dropping Miettinen as he\'s cooled off enough to warrant getting rid of him.

I\'m weary of Guerin because he\'s on the downside of his career and he\'s so streaky so he could chill the moment I pick him up. Both of you make good points about O\'Sullivan, and with 16 points in his last 17 games (and 1 more tonight so far) I\'m shocked he\'s still available in my league. He\'d probably be the only one I\'d pick up for now as I\'d like to see what kind of roles Svatos and Vermette play for their respective teams in the next week or two. Besides...with Hartnell on my starting roster, I\'m benching Lang.

Again...thanks for all the input.
    One Year, Goals and Assists Only
    F: Malkin, Savard, Getzlaf, M.Michalek, Semin, A.Kostitsyn, Mueller, Cammalleri, Demitra
    D: Chara, Boyle, Salo, Enstrom, Burns