Poll: Who would you rather points only 1 for assist 2 for a goal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McBain or Carlson

Dobber Sports Ace

This again.... type in the search box, 'McBain, Carlson' and see the tonne of hits you come up with

Carlson for the record, better prospect, better upside and better team.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I agree. In fact I think everyone who has posted thus far agrees. I was just postulating for the sake of playing the devil's advocate that the Caps revamped system, should it stick, may limit Carlson's point production to the extant that any difference between the two players would be insignificant.

Further, if one accepts the above statement then certainly McBain would be the cheaper acquisition in a trade with equal benefit.

Were I drafting, Carlson would be my first choice. Were I trading, I would seriously consider McBain before Carlson due to cost/benefit.

That's all...
    Oh well if you were just playing devil's advocate then good on you. Love doing that. Who's cheaper is also one of my favourite bits of advice to give around here. Oh and for the record, if you are looking for immediate returns, I'd rather have McBain. But anything beyond this year belongs to Carlson.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

If I had to choose I would take Carlson but Pitkanen, White and Harrison are all UFAs at the end of the year so McBain could see his role with the team increase dramatically depending on whether the canes resign the guys or what they do on the open market in the summer. If McBain and Corvo are the number one pairing next year he could put up a good amount of points.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Oh well if you were just playing devil's advocate then good on you. Love doing that. Who's cheaper is also one of my favourite bits of advice to give around here. Oh and for the record, if you are looking for immediate returns, I'd rather have McBain. But anything beyond this year belongs to Carlson.
    Then we agree....

Let us dance, OPAH!!! [where's my ouzo?]
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Recruit

Definitely Carlson!