Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Filatov, will he ever "ARRIVE"

Dobber Sports All-Star

I finally got someone to take him when I traded him and R Ellis for Goligoski. I'm not regretting it.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Guru

Just looked him up -- his 8 points in 12 games isn't bad at all considering the highest scoring guy on the team in Springfield is barely getting .75 Pt/G.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Sure he has talent, but he has got to produce something in the AHL NOW. Not later. So far, his performance has been awful. Using that Sedin comparison. It took them until their 5th season after the draft to produce useful #'s in the NHL. Plus they never played in the AHL for a reason. If you have to wait that long (and no guarantee), you should consider cutting your losses.
    Yeah, and the Sedins didn't come to the NHL until they were 20, which is this season for Filatov. It's five years from now for the analogy to be relevant.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Yeah, and the Sedins didn't come to the NHL until they were 20, which is this season for Filatov. It's five years from now for the analogy to be relevant.
    He's already 1 yr behind. Well do you really want to wait 5 yrs then? Sedins played in the NHL right away as they were competent defensively. My point was that Sedin comparison is terrible. On one side, it substantiates the argument to wait 5+ yrs. On the other, it rarely turns out like them (to explode to 100 pts at such a late stage). Aside from the fact you're stuck with a non-performing asset for a LONG time. Personally, I would trade that piece away. Now, its really too late to get anything of decent value.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think now is NOT the time to trade. Selling before the season might've been smart. Selling now, while he's worth nothing isn't worth it. You won't get anything, and he's still a decent prospect. Hang on and hope for the best. In deep leagues, it's actually probably not a bad idea to buy extremely low with fingers crossed.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev