Thread: Trade help!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trade help!

Kessel, Filatov and an 11th round in 2012( 11th is the first round after keepers so realistically it is our first round) for St Louis.

or

Hossa, T Ruutu, 11th Round in 2012 for St Louis. See my team below. Which would you go after?
    Oh, so yea I made a run for the championship last season and finished 2nd overall and didn't do well in the playoffs, so I am down this year and rebuilding, plus we expanded and only kept 8 players over 10 so my keepers are a little shy....

I am rebuilding with MPS and Ennis on the LW since I have no depth there and with the trades above, I can't decide if I go for Kessel cause he's so young or Hossa... thoughts?
    Last edited by Gaborlick; January 14, 2011 at 7:03 AM. Reason: eff you Malkin
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Administrator

That Hossa deal is by far the better option and I'd pursue it. Kessel is good but until he gets an good center Kessel+101st player is not coming close enough to St. Louis. Filatov is non-existant in this deal, he brings nothing this year and won't be kept so what's his purpose? You aren't doing this deal anyways, so don't answer that.

Hossa can't match St. Louis' full season totals, but in a H2H format Hossa can be as good or better than St. Louis for extended stretches. Add in a quality pick and I'm sold on this as a good rebuilding move.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Depends what the 11th round pick with render you as far as whether or not either is worth it, but of the two I'd probably do Kessel because his upside and youth make him a better keeper for you from a rebuild standpoint than the 32 year old Hossa whose name value inflate him beyond his actually worth, is much less heavily relied upon in CHI behind Kane, Toews, Sharp to produce than Kessel is in TOR based on the type of player Kessel is if TOR gets a legitimate #1 playmaking center option he very realisticaly can hit 35-40 goals 70+ points with point-per-game upside where as Hossa I don't think will be much beyond 30-70 and is a major injury liability on top of it...I think you can get a better return for St. Louis than jsut Kessel and a pick (depending on what the pick gets you) so I might look for a better deal but I rather have Kessel over Hossa in a keeper format from here forward

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm with MD, I'd take the Hossa deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ruutu is on a hot streak, Filatov is in the AHL so the second part of the deal skews it for me. Otherwise I'd take Kessel. But what matters for your timeline? More youth on the Kessel deal.

Dobber Sports Expert

He offered Kessel Cammy and a 12th round in 2011 for St Louis...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    He offered Kessel Cammy and a 12th round in 2011 for St Louis...
    That's worth it now for sure...big upgrade at LW where you are very weak plus another keep in Kessel and a 12th..I like it much better than either of the other two...i'd follow that up with packaging Hiller/Rask and Savard for a C upgrade since you can only keep two of those 3 goalies and it should fetch you a nice return
    Last edited by MT319; January 15, 2011 at 9:28 AM.