Thread: Blockbuster...would you do it?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Blockbuster...would you do it?

Tied for 1st in my league...just got offered Ovechkin, Kipprusoff and J. Carlson for Lundqvist, Green and Alfredsson. I know I probably lose two sides of that deal (Defense and Goalie), but getting AO is tempting. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
    10 team head-to head league; total pts (goals, assists, ppg, +/-, hits; Wins, Saves, GA, SO). Start 6 f, 4 d, 2 goalies each week.

Forward: Ovechkin, Toews, Datsyuk, Wheeler, Okposo, D. Sedin, Granlund, Nichuskin
    Defense: Hedman, Doughty, Letang, Markov, Sekera, Enstrom
    Goalie: Crawford, Howard, Halak, Pavelec
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Ace

Ok you team is in first for a reason. Now, this deal on the surface is tempting with the addition of AO but as you said...

AO >>> Alfredson
    but
    Carlson <<< Green
    Kipper <<< Lundy

The kicker for me is the fact that your goalie stats are 4 of 8 scoring categories. In other words you need goaltending to be competitive. I'm not sure if the addition of AO makes up for the loss of Lundy.

As much as I would hate to say this you may have to pass on this one.

Good luck with your choice
    Cheers!
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ovy's too good to pass up. I'd make that deal
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Ace

After a second look you have solid goaltending and you only start two per week. Rinne, Crawford, and Pavelec are solid pieces to rely on, so yes this deal makes sense for you.
    Member of OCHA

As a Carlson owner, note that he hasn't been doing much in the last month in terms of.. well anything. So as Spoiler said it comes down to goalies. Where is your balance of h2h wins been coming from?

Dobber Sports Novice

Even though your goalie stats are half of your categories, your goalies look strong enough to succeed without Lundy. I would definitely do this trade and laugh when Ovie starts lighting it up again to help you cruise to the championship.
    10 Team, H2H, Sorta Keeper league: Keep 2 (have to draft and keep whole season, bolded players).
    G, A, +/-, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV, GAA, SV %

C(1)- Duchene, Getzlaf
    LW(1)- Ovechkin, Hartnell
    RW(1)- Perry, Eriksson, Giroux, Downie
    D(2)- Doughty, Liles

G(2)- Neuvirth, Varlamov, Anderson, Brodeur

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the responses, guys. Most of my wins have come from strong play in goal; goalies typically produce the most points over the season in our league, which is why I loaded up on goalies early in the season. I see Green and Ovie as canceling each other out-both are underperforming with huge upside. After that, its pretty clear I lose the other parts of the deal (Lundy for Kipper, and, to a lesser extent Alfy for Carlsson). With Getzlaf and Spezza hurt, adding Ovie would be nice. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Thanks again.
    10 team head-to head league; total pts (goals, assists, ppg, +/-, hits; Wins, Saves, GA, SO). Start 6 f, 4 d, 2 goalies each week.

Forward: Ovechkin, Toews, Datsyuk, Wheeler, Okposo, D. Sedin, Granlund, Nichuskin
    Defense: Hedman, Doughty, Letang, Markov, Sekera, Enstrom
    Goalie: Crawford, Howard, Halak, Pavelec
    IR: Stepan