Thread: Drop 5 keepers

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop 5 keepers

C: Thornton, Briere, Sundin
    RW: Selanne, PM Bouchard, Guerin, Recchi
    LW: Morrow, D. Sedin, Brunette, Holmstrom, Sturm
    D: Kaberle, Schneider, Boucher, Mara
    G: Luongo, Budaj, Gerber

So Budaj is an automatic keeper as he qualifies for prospect status still. I must decide on 13 keepers in addition to him, which means I must dump five guys. I am having trouble because of guys like Guerin being terrible in the playoffs, Holmstrom prob still having a spot with Zetts and Dats, Sturm is young and talented, does Recchi resign with Pitt?, how badly hurt is Sundin and will he get a talented winger?, why is Schneider 80 years old?

Right now I am thinking my drop are:

Gerber, Recchi, Mara, Homer and Sturm, but I am very tempted to drop a guy like Guerin, possibly even Schneider with the latest injury (though that won\'t really happen). Let me know who you guys would dump, I am having a hard time with Sturm and Homer especially. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Drop 5 keepers

Gerber, Mara, Holmstrom, Guerin and Sturm

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So much depends on the redraft possibilities here. If drafting decent D guys isn\'t going to be an issue I think I would drop the following players.

Gerber, Mara, Schneider, Holmstrom, Sturm

Alternately to keep Schneider>

Gerber, Mara, Guerin, Holmstrom and Sturm

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If anybody is interested, can you please let me know what you think of the following guys in terms of keepers for my team. I will tell you my thoughts on them and let me know whether you agree or not, for some reason I am having a really tough time with this. Thank you.

Sundin - will he come back and have his usual 75 -80 point season again next year. He really trailed off (well documented) towards the end of the season and now he has this regenerative hip problem. He is my third center behind Thornton and Briere, is he worth keeping in that spot or since that spot is plentiful should I try and redraft?

Schneider - old, old, old, but I love the guy. I always wished the Rangers had hung onto him, but it was a choice between him or Zubov and even though they ended up losing Zubov later, they made the right choice at the time. But anyway, he is beaten up and old, but he is still one of the best offensive D-men in the league. Will he continue his production for at least one or two more seasons?

Gerber - does he remain a backup on Ottawa or does he get traded in the offseason?

Mara - any chance he gets back to 50 point pace on the Rangers this season? He is young and talented.

Homer - This guy will remain on a line with Zetter and Dats and the first PP unit in front of the net? Can he get 30 - 40 goals?

Sturm - This is a top line guy in the NHL. Any chance he finally lives up to his potential??

Guerin - 36 goals last season. I have heard he may be back in St. Louis, any chance he can rack those kind of numbers up again or even get back up to 40??

Recchi - The only question here is really will he be back, and if he will , will it be with Pitt and Crosby??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You should drop Mara, Gerber and Sturm for sure. The 2 other spots should be between Guerin, Homer and Recchi. Im pretty sure Schneider gonna stay in Detroit (that sucks for me because i own Kronwall for next year only) If you can wait until august youre gonna be fixed for a couple of guy like Guerin and Recchi. Personnaly i would drop Guerin and and Homer unless Recchi don\'t come back with Pitts. I would, in that case, keep Homer instead of Recchi.
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility

I...am your father.

Sundin 75 points, yes
    Schneider - that\'s a tough call. He\'s a UFA so if he\'s not in Detroit then I don\'t think so.
    Gerber - yes, a backup in OTT
    Mara - I like him...but that could prove my undoing. I think he\'ll get 50 in New York
    Homer - he\'s peaked. More of the same. He\'ll never get 40
    Sturm - overrated and Band Aid boy
    Guerin - last year was as good as you can expect.
    Recchi - will be back, and it will be with Pittsburgh
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

I am probably not going to be much help to you Bogans. When I look at your list I note that all of the players, with the exception of Mara and Sturm, are in their 30\'s. With the exception of Gerber, all are in their mid to late thirties. I would consider that they could all be on the \'band aid\' list simply because of age. Sundin and Recchi are the only two that would really interest me but they could also be, one hit away\'. Do you have any trade possibilities with any of these guys?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

hockeylifer wrote:
    I am probably not going to be much help to you Bogans. When I look at your list I note that all of the players, with the exception of Mara and Sturm, are in their 30\'s. With the exception of Gerber, all are in their mid to late thirties. I would consider that they could all be on the \'band aid\' list simply because of age. Sundin and Recchi are the only two that would really interest me but they could also be, one hit away\'. Do you have any trade possibilities with any of these guys?
    Well, the reason my team is so old is because I traded a lot of my young players (Ryan, Stastny, Zajac) in order to win the league this year, which I was successful in doing. I think I have one, maybe even two more runs in my team at the title after this season, then it will be time to rebuild. I do have a good, young core with guys like Thornton, Briere, Sedin, Morrow, Bouchard, Kaberle, Luongo and Budaj, but those guys do not get brought up because they are definite keepers. I also have a farm system, which gets kept automatically with guys like Setoguchi, Pavelski, Brassard, J. Bernier, Vasyunov, O\'Marra and Bolland who should be joining in anywhere from one to three years, to fill in for the older guys.

The reason that the older guys come up in this conversation is because I am thinking about dropping a couple of them, but want to keep the ones who will continue to produce. The young guys I am thinking about dropping are guys like Mara and Sturm who are question marks as to whether they will ever hit that higher level.

Dobber - as a NYR fan, I want to believe the same about Mara, which is why I would like to keep him. Plus I grew up in the town next to him and played against him, so I am very loyal to a guy like that, but he will not be above Roszival on the PP unit and I think best he can hope for is second unit with the club, but the talent is definitely there. I will probably try to redraft him as his value is too low right now to keep over my other guys.