Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: savard for morrow

Dobber Sports Wizard

Your opinion is yours and that's fine, but I just want to make sure the OP understands what he's doing. Your theory on center depth can be equalled by Neal in Dallas.

You just don't trade top line players with a history of multiple 90 point seasons (with 90 PIM) for 2nd line players who have scored over 70 points once and the next best total is 65 with the other seasons south of there. You don't trade a player who is close to a PPG over his career for a player who is 1/2 a PPG when their PIM are close.

Opinions are fine if you want to say it like that. That you have a hujch or a feeling about it. That's cool, but logic and stats say otherwise.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Morrow is a LW, he can hold for better value but for me I would take that deal if it was proposed to me. His LW is weak (Lupul?), then just Rick Nash. No need to turn this into a heated debate, I say if he doesn't get better value than Morrow in trade offers, then take Morrow and be happy with the deal.
    ^this. Given the circumstances, I'd be happy with a deal like this as well. I think we are all forgetting about what concussions can do to a player. Savard hasn't done much since his return.
    Last edited by Priceless; January 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Dobber Sports Pro

his other LW are heatley, hartnell, kunitz, and tanguay. anything i can work with on that front? i don't think he'd take a gaborik for heatley straight up deal.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Genius

alright well in those starting positions your under utilizing one of either Savard, Lecavalier, Brown, or Gaborik right off the bat as Lupul is forced to play the LW 2 slot at all times which keeps one of those guys out of the lineup any time you have a full lineup going...and by having only two LW total you're also under utilizing the LW slot in general as well so i'd almost consider Gaborik and Brown for Heatley and Hartnell a sound move for you specifically as you'd be getting an elite LW option (who in many leagues, not sure about yours, also has RW capacity which washes out the loss of Brown specifically) and gives you three legit LW options ad then makes Lupul or Bergeron an easy drop for Okposo's return to rebolster your RW core...Heatley would be a great target and on paper that'd be an overall "win" in his favor even though you're benefitting your squad and able to field a betterall-around lineup...I'd try Gabby Brown for Heatley Hartnell for sure from that guy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    alright well in those starting positions your under utilizing one of either Savard, Lecavalier, Brown, or Gaborik right off the bat as Lupul is forced to play the LW 2 slot at all times which keeps one of those guys out of the lineup any time you have a full lineup going...and by having only two LW total you're also under utilizing the LW slot in general as well so i'd almost consider Gaborik and Brown for Heatley and Hartnell a sound move for you specifically as you'd be getting an elite LW option (who in many leagues, not sure about yours, also has RW capacity which washes out the loss of Brown specifically) and gives you three legit LW options ad then makes Lupul or Bergeron an easy drop for Okposo's return to rebolster your RW core...Heatley would be a great target and on paper that'd be an overall "win" in his favor even though you're benefitting your squad and able to field a betterall-around lineup...I'd try Gabby Brown for Heatley Hartnell for sure from that guy
    Woah. We actually agree on something? I was going to reply to this thread again with the exact same trade idea.
    Well said MT
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."