Thread: I got Green!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default I got Green!

Yeah, I know, not quite the wow factor as Stamkos, Malkin or Ovechkin, but I thought I'd keep with the theme Thanks to Committed to the Indian & Prairie Dog as well as those who have provided info on various threads re: Mr. Green, in particular Mikerocksthered. I gave up some present and future as well as some points but I'm even more excited about the Winter Classic now and Washington in general as they look like they've turned the corner. Also looking forward to Episode #3 on HBO tonight. In regards to the actual trade, the negotiations took a lot of twists & turns as well as influence by other GM's on my trading partner but it ended up:

He got: Eric Staal, Tyler Ennis and Ollie Jokinen

I got: Mike Green & Tim Connolly

I didn't want Connolly, but he needed Ollie's points this month in order for the deal to get done.

Some in that league may think I overpaid, others will think I ripped him off, but he's happy & so am I so to me that's the point (besides winning ).

With my sig league heading into 2 team expansion this summer, I wanted to distill talent (2 good players for 1 great player) to establish my protection list.

Now to sit back and enjoy some more great hockey and think up some more deals.......
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCanadianTeams View Post
    Yeah, I know, not quite the wow factor as Stamkos, Malkin or Ovechkin, but I thought I'd keep with the theme Thanks to Committed to the Indian & Prairie Dog as well as those who have provided info on various threads re: Mr. Green, in particular Mikerocksthered.
    I am glad my information has been useful to you. I too have Green and especially after his great playing last night think Green is about to turn and burn! His confidence has gone up over the last few games and will let his instincts take back over! Hannan has done a good job of adjusting and is playing well with Green now, and when Poti gets back into the lineup and stays healthy it only help out even more!
    Last edited by mikerocksthered; December 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM.
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCanadianTeams View Post
    he's happy & so am I so to me that's the point (besides winning ).
    You got that right!