Thread: Goalie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie

Hi everyone,

Keeper league (2 pts/win add 4 for a SO)

I need to choose a goalie for the future, I already have Lundqvist.

Which one is your favourite (long term)

Josh Harding (Minn)
    Carey Price (Mtl)
    Tuukka Rask (Bos)
    Ray Emery (Ott)
    Jonathan Bernier (LA)

Thanks a lot

I...am your father.

Default Re:Goalie

It would be wise to go with the current winner Emery. He\'ll give you immediate return and he\'ll be around for awhile.

Harding will also step in right away, but only as a backup. In five years, I like Bernier the best though.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you wanna wait 2 more year, theres no doubt you gotta go with price, but if you want immediate return, the logic choice is Emery like dobber says...

Dobber Sports Ace

There is only 1 choice....Emery
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, just like Poulin said, Emery is a no-brainer if what you\'re looking for is instant production. If that\'s not the case, I have trouble choosing between Price and Bernier.

Sure, Price got all the hype, but believe me, I saw Bernier 5 or 6 times against the Remparts, and this kid could be quite special, with a blooming Los Angeles squad.

However, Price would probably be an awesome trade bait too... People are slowly getting the pricemania, and the disease could get you a huge return.

So Emery if you need points now, and if not a slight edge to Price, with Bernier really really close.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dobbs I\'m thinking of drafting a goalie into my \"minors\" next year, would you recommend Price or Bernier? We are allowed to carry 3 minors at a time. I\'m hoping to get Kane and Voracek, and a goalie. So who would you rather have. Just so you know we carry 3 goalies, and I currently have 2 (Giguere and Vokoun). I plan on picking up another goalie in this year\'s draft.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    It would be wise to go with the current winner Emery. He\'ll give you immediate return and he\'ll be around for awhile.

Harding will also step in right away, but only as a backup. In five years, I like Bernier the best though.
    I hate to Disagree with \"the man\"...

But I see Harding as best bet... He\'s Basically 1B goalie in Minny cause its a toss up... Backstrom took over from an aging Fernandez... by no means does he have the Job locked yet... only once in 13 games has Harding let in more than 2 goals... and Harding has always played strong on just ok Houston teams in the AHL that have little D depth...

of couse he does have to win the job long term but Harding and Backstrom have little to no competion in Minny and are both reasonably cheap so they shouldnt get moved for a while... and 1st to go would be teh 29 yr old Backstrom... Emery on the other hand is yes a great talent and is bes bet now... but he has Guard and Glass both huge talents pushing (look past bad AHL #s cause Binghampton is useless) and now Brian Elliott who I believe I read dobber and I\'ve heard a few other times Ottawa management REALLY likes... Just puts his job in uncertanty which I don\'t think anyone likes in keeper lgs... I\'m a Toronto Marlies season seat holder and both Glass and Guard have snake bitin shooters in many games I\'ve seen past 2 years while facing 40+ shots only to lose close games...

With that also I think Rick DiPietro has the most value of any fantasy goalie just because he has 14 more years on the contract, so you know where he\'ll be and NYI doent need to go goalie hunting... takes alotta stress of woundering where your goalie will be in 2-3 years and who he has to compete with in the system... (all those Kabby owners loved his move to Chicago as a UFA eh)...

sorry just postin random goalie thoughts lol :laugh:
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks to all of you for your reply,

I\'m not looking for immediate reward from a goalie that\'s why the names of some younger goaltenders are part of the list. My league is very deep, and I think all of those goalies risk to be drafted this year, I don\'t want to let pass the best of the bunch. Harding have posted impressive numbers this year and in the past like said Jason_Banks.Who knows, he can steal the no 1 seat sooner than we think (1- Like Backstrom did 2- Backstrom is a UFA). For Bernier, we\'ll all have the chance to see him in action in Memorial Cup with the red hot Lewiston Mainiacs.They won the Quebec league final in 4 straight games against Kris Letang Val D\'or Foreurs.

Sorry for my writing, usually I speek french so it\'s a little tough for me to write in english.

By the way, I\'m happy to see that Lundqvist is leading today\'s poll.

Thanks again for your thoughts

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Emery forsure!!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..