Thread: Doughty for Visnovsky?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Doughty for Visnovsky?

What do you guys think of my Visnovsky for Drew Doughty? Is Drew going to turn it around?

I am basically looking to take advantage of the difference in current GP between Anaheim and someone. The Ducks have already played 37 games, while LA has only played 31.

The other teams at 31 are Florida, Vancouver and Edmonton, and since I already have Edler, I wouldn't take anyone else from those two teams.

Teams at 32 games are Boston, Carolina, NJ, Detroit, Nashville, CBJ, Phoenix, StLouis and Minny. I also have Yandle so other than Lidstrom, I don't think I would take anyone from those teams for Visnovsky.

Dobber Sports Master

Please please please dont do this...Doughty WILL turn it around, and he is an overall better player in every way than Visnosky...AND he has played only 31 games
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you can land Doughty for Vish right now get it done Doughty is waking up and primed for a huge 2nd half IMO.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Please please please dont do this...Doughty WILL turn it around, and he is an overall better player in every way than Visnosky...AND he has played only 31 games
    MY Visnovsky for Doughty! Lol....c'mon.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you can get Doughty do it. You may be in for some short-term pain for some long-term gain, however. Great buy-low candidate for this half of the season in my opinion.
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    MY Visnovsky for Doughty! Lol....c'mon.
    Well thats embarrassing...do the deal
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Makes sense to me (mild sarcasm) - Doughty has scored at a .44 point per game pace this year and Vis at a .77 point per game pace. So if nothing changes those extra 6 games will amount to another 2.6 points for Doughty over the rest of the season, while Vis is pounding it. Let's assume Doughty matches Vis for the rest of the season - you gain about 4-5 points. Seems like so little to take a risk on Doughty. Bird in the hand, baby.
    Last edited by Shoeless; December 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Makes sense to me (mild sarcasm) - Doughty has scored at a .44 point per game pace this year and Vis at a .77 point per game pace. So if nothing changes those extra 6 games will amount to another 2.6 points for Doughty over the rest of the season, while Vis is pounding it. Let's assume Doughty matches Vis for the rest of the season - you gain about 4-5 points. Seems like so little to take a risk on Doughty. Bird in the hand, baby.
    Normally I would agree with this logic as it makes complete sense but I think that Doughty has a monster 2nd half I still stand by him breaking out this year and being a top 5 D-Man