Thread: Worthwhile offers to make?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Worthwhile offers to make?

I'm thinking of putting one or both of these offers out there, and was wondering if they are worthwhile and/or non-insulting? My team is in the sig.

1. Give Marleau/Bryzgalov; Get Heatley/Carter

This one will be a tough sell given how ugly Marleau's +/- is right now. But the other guy needs a goalie, so it might work. My goalie situation as-is right now is pretty stress free but I gotta believe some currently available goalie will achieve fantasy relevance over the course of the season in a 12 team league (maybe Bernier or Rask), and in the meantime guys like Boucher and Nitty are available. Another note in this trade is all 3 skaters have dual eligibility.

2. Give Neal/Kessel; Get Semin/(Burrows or Huselius)

This would be a 2-for-1 and I'd fill in with a FA. Burrows is on waivers right now and if he doesn't pass through, I'd add Huselius or maybe one of those spare goalies.
    12 team H2H, daily lineups
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV %, SHO

Administrator

Both of those offers are quite interesting. You need the guy in the first offer to be desperate for goaltending for that to fly but I wonder if you need it. Your team is quite well balanced as is. Generally I like it though cuz you could just ditch Franzen or Brown and snag a goalie to stay balanced.

The second deal is the one I really like though. I think Neal is bound to hit a wall much like he did last season and Kessel has been just crappy. Semin is money and being able to pick up one of those FAs would more than replace what is lost. Don't see this trade offer flying from the perspective of the other owner, but you never know.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

When you are desparate for a goalie and you get an offer with a decent goalie in the deal - it should never be taken as insulting. I would make the offer as you definitely would get an offensive upgrade without losing a lot in goal - although I suspect you might be selling a little low on Bryz.

Clearly in the last deal you get a talent upgrade - count me as one who is always nervous about Semin's durability but I think you are giving fair value.

Dobber Sports Genius

Heh..wait so you're trying to Burrow Semin in who's Huselius?