Thread: Skinner or Couture

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Skinner or Couture

I was thinking of dropping Skinner, then picking up both Doan and Okposo who are FAs and on the IR. Stash both those guys on the IR and then pick up Couture. Would it be worth it? Nobody else on my team really worth dropping IMO.

Dobber Sports Stud

I dunno.

I'm really liking Skinner. I also think he has a better chance of logging big minutes this year.

Couture may play for a better team overall, but he has a lot more competition that I don't think he will play over this year. I think Skinner is in the clear.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Padawan

Skinner
    15 pts in 18 games

Couture
    11 pts in 17 games

Not to much of a difference couture is sure staying under the radar on these boards for the time being not much talk about him(for what I seen)
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's a close one for me because Couture has been getting more SOG and he also gets FOW. Hits are basically the same but Couture gets slightly more BS, although that could be due to the fact that he had 5 in one game which skew the normal results. With Krejci being out it would be nice to have another center in the mean time.

Dobber Sports Genius

I have no faith in Skinner continuing to produce anywhere close to this rate..nor post much higher than a 50 spot this season looking at Carolina score a 7 spot last night without skinner on there for even a touch is further validation that the kid is a pipe dream for being a solid producer over a full 82...Couture looks good but his value is enitrely dependent on keeping that top 6 spot...if he loses that he won't have much value..worth a shot tho i'd say especially if you can IR Okposo in the interim

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree with you MT319, it was dissapointing to see a 7 goal performance from Carolina and have Skinner not register a point. Although that should not be based on my decision. Okposo's right shoulder surgery scares me a bit but it wouldn't hurt to see what he can do tho either.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I would do it. Carolina either puts up 7 or gets 7 against it seems, so its a crap shoot with anyone on that team. Couture plays with pavelski and are just starting to click, could be an even trade off in terms of upside couture vs skinner...

I think the upside to this move is gaining Okposo and Doan. Do it!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    I have no faith in Skinner continuing to produce anywhere close to this rate..nor post much higher than a 50 spot this season looking at Carolina score a 7 spot last night without skinner on there for even a touch is further validation that the kid is a pipe dream for being a solid producer over a full 82...Couture looks good but his value is enitrely dependent on keeping that top 6 spot...if he loses that he won't have much value..worth a shot tho i'd say especially if you can IR Okposo in the interim
    Sorry, I just have to ask...have you actually watched any Carolina matches? I just get the feeling that you are basing all of this on the numbers.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Sorry, I just have to ask...have you actually watched any Carolina matches? I just get the feeling that you are basing all of this on the numbers.
    Yea I have and I think the kid moves the puck fairly well...he's not getting the necessary PP time nor does he have linemates who can finish, nor is he strong enough on the puck to put up serious numbers over a full season...I think Eberle will struggle to hit 60 and he dominates Skinner across the board so yea I have seen him play including last night's game and I still don't see Skinner as anything more than a 50 point option

The Wolverine

I would do it just to get Doan on your squad. I still like him over Skinner over a full season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I honestly don't think that Couture or Skinner need to enter into the equation - there isn't going to be enough of a gap between that you should be deterred from stashing Doan and Okposo on IR. I dare say that either Doan or Okposo on their return will make Couture and Skinner unnecessary on your team anyway.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the input everyone!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Yea I have and I think the kid moves the puck fairly well...he's not getting the necessary PP time nor does he have linemates who can finish, nor is he strong enough on the puck to put up serious numbers over a full season...I think Eberle will struggle to hit 60 and he dominates Skinner across the board so yea I have seen him play including last night's game and I still don't see Skinner as anything more than a 50 point option
    Ok, I see now that my questions came off kinda offensive, but I was really just curious. Not too experienced with fantasy hockey, so it wouldnt have surprised me if there was clear cut stuff to find just looking at numbers.

Not sure I agree on the Eberle comparison though. Skinner gets almost 50% more TOI during PP's and that is for a much better PP featuring Eric Staal. I personally think he is brilliant on the PP and he shoots the puck more than Eberle as well. Eberle gets some SH TOI and a minute or two more in even play.

My guess would be 60 points for Skinner and 55 for Eberle.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Ok, I see now that my questions came off kinda offensive, but I was really just curious.
    Nah not all..I didn't interpret it that way so don't worry about it man

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am wondering who everyone thinks is the better long term keeper, about a month ago it looked like Skinner ...but Couture has been on fire lately.

so whats your latest thoughts?