Thread: Who to start..

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Who to start..

Settings for team below...I've got 8 forwards...6 of them start for the week (one of those 8 is Stewart who is still injured so he's obviously out)...Getzlaf-Perry-Stastny are an autostart and then for the last 3 spots for the week it is between Savard-Gionta-Backes-Selanne..which one of those 4 would you bench...(it's weekly points avg as mentioned in my sig so # of games played per week makes no difference)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd park Selanne this week. He's missed two straight plus a few more here and there recently, so I'd avoid the risk of him putting up a zero for you this week. It sucks because he can produce for you, but since he can't shake this injury I'd err on the side of caution and leave him on the bench until he heals up. In general in weekly leagues unless it's a stud player I err on the side of caution and bench guys in his situation to avoid taking a zero from that spot.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Genius

Yea in reality it's between Selanne and Savard on my end as Backes and Gionta are in good enough position to produce that they warrant a start for the week..but Selanne has the groin issues and Savard, which is who I benched last week, is on that third line with Ryder still for the short-term which I'm not liking at all from a production standpoint although at least he's been getting top PP time...last week Savard put up a -.33 for the week as well which is even worse than zero and why I asked...I will end up benching Selanne though as Boston was very weak in the goal department last game which might mean they will be inclined to shake things up and hopefully stick Savard on that Lucic Horton line in place of Krejci...just like they've already done with him on the top PP unit...thanks for the response

Dobber Sports Wizard

Savard's inclusion on the top PP unit is a good sign for him going forward. He's logged more than 3:30 of PP ice time over the last 3 games. Kinda figure his being on the 3rd line is nothing more than an extended training camp. Build up his stamina before putting him back on the top line. He's been around the 15-16 minute mark in 3 of the 5 games and roughly 20 shifts per game since he came back. Krecji by way of comparison in that same time is between 17-20 minutes and roughly 22-24 shifts. I think Savard isn't that far away from moving back up to one of the top 2 lines, especially if their in need of a boost on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed him harder this week to see where he's at.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; December 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yea I didn't watch their last game but vs. BOS when they knotted it at 2-2 they actually moved him up w/ Horton and Lucic for the last 8 minutes of the third where they had 4 or 5 solid chances to win it so I know he's gonna end up there in the near future..jsut hopefully this week as I need him to step it up with Stewart still out for another week or two minimum..tried to give you rep but appraently won't let me since I gave it to you for something else...appreciate the response tho buddy

Dobber Sports Wizard

By the time they play again on Wednesday he'll have had 3-4 days to rest and they'll be starting off with a b2b. That might be a good time to push him and gauge his strength.

Don't worry about the rep bro. It's nice to get it, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Just glad to help.