Thread: Sens D

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sens D

There was an article about Preissing in TSN.ca recently. Corvo scored a big goal yesterday night. Redden, although injured, still is a big name.

Is Ottawa going to keep those three potentially offensive defensemen? I find that those three can produce for any fantasy pool. They are playing good in the playoffs.

Rumours of Redden being traded too.

Advice....who to go for? If Redden leaves, are Preissing/Corvo interesting in pools?
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re:Sens D

I think it\'s obvious that if Redden is dealt, then the other two have more value.

Redden was underwhelming all season but has been a rock in the playoffs. Corvo is always an adventure in his own zone. The Sens might have to trade Redden for a few reasons:

1) He has one year left, so they don\'t want to lose him for nothing
    2) They need to re-sign Heatley after next season, and he is much more important to that team than Redden
    3) They feel that Meszaros and Preissing can step up and replace some of what Redden brings.

Volchenkov and Phillips has emerged as Ottawa\'s top pairing, and I don\'t see them being able to afford a $6.5 million dollar #3 defenseman.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

Now is the time to get Meszaros. Ottawa\'s replacement for Redden is found in Meszaros and at a much cheaper price for now. Get him now as you can consider him a #3 defencemen, starting next year hes a #2 and can even become the #1.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I concur with Sakic19. Whether Redden goes this offseason or sticks around for another year, there should be no doubt that the PP will belong to AM (at age 22!) in 2008/09. Over the past two seasons, the numbers for Mezsaros, Preissing and Corvo have been reasonably close. That may well hold true for 2007/08, too. But from there on in, it\'ll be the Andrej Meszaros show in the nation\'s capital.