Thread: Which goalie?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Which goalie?

Need to pick up a goalie for my bench spot. He'll be my 6th goalie in a league that plays 4. DTD Brodeur is my 5th for now... With the max games scenerio we have it's better to roll extra goalies that have too many F on the bench doing nothing.

My choices are:
    Niemi, Crawford, Giggy or Knabibulin

I'm thinking because it's an extra goalie I take the chance on Crawford.

I also have Leighton on IR so Lindback might be nice filler for the month, but I hate wasting a move on a temporary pick up.
    Last edited by 93213; December 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Need to pick up a goalie for my bench spot. He'll be my 6th goalie in a league that plays 4. DTD Brodeur is my 5th for now... With the max games scenerio we have it's better to roll extra goalies that have too many F on the bench doing nothing.

My choices are:
    Niemi, Crawford, Giggy or Knabibulin

I'm think because it's an extra goalie I take the chance on Crawford.

I also have Leighton on IR so Lindback might be nice filler for the month, but I hate wasting a move on a temporary pick up.
    your gonna want Crawford here. Mark it down

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hope you're right because ultimately I think I'll take him. I mean Turco lost his job for stretches last season to Auld. Auld!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Rookie

Crawford.

Why?

Because he'll win more games than the rest with half the starts. Remember Niemi last year? Well I am betting it will be the same scenario. Turco is a bad goalie - he's old and small.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Niemi...I think he has a much better chance of becomming the outright #1 in SJ than Crawford does in CHI behind Turco...Crawford maybe gets into 40-60 to at best 60-40 split...Niemi should be outright #1 at minimum 60-40 split by All-star break...he's also on the much hungrier club no pun intended as opposed to the sluggish undriven former cup champs...I think Niemi is the better move and the smarter move