Thread: 3 Internships available - H2H

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default 3 Internships available - H2H

I have a 2 month vacation coming up for the months of January and February that I am going to spend doing community and educational development work in Cambodia.

Internet in Cambodia is less than wonderful for one and I expect to be away from it from time to time during the 2 months anyway, so I am looking for someone to co-manage each of my Yahoo H2H leagues with me. All 3 teams are reasonably competitive and the leagues vary but are pretty strong generally.

I thought this might be a good chance to get someone to tend my teams, who is learning the fantasy hockey ropes and trying to build their skill level. I will be available to consult by email - but I figure if you are going to give someone a shot - gotta be somewhat hands off.

Here are the opportunities:

Weekly change 12 team keeper - 3rd year inherited team still being rebuilt but currently tied 1st in the league - finished 3rd last year. Management issues - need to set weekly rosters - look for opportunities to upgrade at LW, C and G in that order - assets to give at RW. Manage a 6 man farm team if necessary. 10 x 8 cats. Small prize pool but will share any winnings 50/50.

Daily change 12 team keeper - 2nd year inherited team still in rebuild - leading the league at the moment, finished 4th last year. 6x4 cats. Management issues - could use a 3rd starting goalie and need to beef up LW for the remainder of the season - always looking to upgrade keepers of course. Decent prize pool (reg season and playoffs) - willing to share any winnings 50/50.

Daily change 14 team 1 year league (EDIT - have someone now for this team)- recurring league have won it 4 of the last 5 years and a close 3rd place. More of a fun league but serious competitors. Currently in 8th place but looking to jump as high as 4th this week. Management issues - assure a playoff spot and build a team for the playoffs. Tough league to do needs based trading in because of the roster alignment and the fact that others don't like trading with me because they think I know something. But good waiver wire management is crucial. Season moves limited to 50 so some discretion adviced. This team is going to need some roster balancing. Multiple strategic issues - reminds me of the matrix in complexity. 12 x 6 league. This is the league I like the most - no prize pool for the first time ever but bragging rights are huge.

All of these leagues have many Dobberites - some very active some not at all (but they are watching).

So what kind of people am I looking for?

* folks who can and will pay daily attention to the team.
    * decent familiarity with Yahoo mechanics desirable
    * friendly and fun - not afraid to take risks - don't take yourself too seriously
    * a learner - well-experienced poolies need not apply - I want someone who stands to gain a lot of insight from doing this and is prepared to work like I do to manage my teams (I'm not the best but I think I have some stuff to share).

Don't worry - If you end up making a bad move, we will process it as that for the learning in it and move on - this is fantasy hockey, not life and death.

How to apply:

Send me an email kordolphinatyahoodotca and convince me that you are the one. Give me a little background of course.

My Dobberhockey references: kblayne, chicleteur, Smack, hockeypoolgeek - talk to them if you want to check me out.
    Last edited by Shoeless; November 14, 2010 at 12:59 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Happy to say that I have someone for my 1 year league so far.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

this sounds like a great oppurtunity. whoever signs up for this will learn a lot i'm sure.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    this sounds like a great oppurtunity. whoever signs up for this will learn a lot i'm sure.
    When I seen your name I thought you were going to sign up too! haha...

In all honesty though I completely agree with your post.

This IS a great opportunity, I'm surprised all three teams haven't been covered already. Sign up and learn from the pros. Doesn't get much better than that!

GMG
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I have to close off the offer for now - I have several folks interested that look like they fit the bill.

Dobber Sports Giant

Oops! Looks like I missed this post from you. Anyway, if you ever happen to still need help, you know you can count on me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I know that Chic. Thanks - really thought this might be fun for folks who are not that experienced - especially since my teams aren't dogs this year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yeah I know that Chic. Thanks - really thought this might be fun for folks who are not that experienced - especially since my teams aren't dogs this year.
    Oh sure! I really like this idea you had. And who wouldn't want the chance to co-manage one of your team?

Dobber Sports Star

I missed this :\
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Stud

I would happy to help with the hellfish league lol.. I know a few people in it haha.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I have to close off the offer for now - I have several folks interested that look like they fit the bill.
    That's awesome Shoeless!

Who knows.. I might have to do the same with mine one day.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates