Thread: brian boyle

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default brian boyle

Power forwards are notoriously slow to develop. Is it possible that Boyle is finally getting it and back on track from his original draft potential? Or is this just all a fluke?
    I am concerned when drury and prospal that his ice time will die. But is he worth the price (basically free) to pick up and perhaps farm just in case?

Dobber Sports Veteran

if your not dropping anything of value and its a free pick then go for it, but yes I agree that when guys get healthy his ice time and scoring chances will diminsh along with his PP time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

With Gabby now healthy and Dru and Prospal to be eventually healthy it'll be hard for Boyle to get top 6 minutes. He worked in the offseason with a former olympic speed skater breaking down his stride and it has improved drastically. Also, hes added a much more physical game so I think I would expect more of an energy player than for him to develop into the 2 way threat he once was highly touted for.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

wow, he looked really good again tonight, got a sweet goal and lots of pims!