Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: McBain

Dobber Sports Legend

I saw the writing on the wall when Babchuk returned and Corvo was signed. I felt strongly that these moves would hurt McBain a ton this year, mainly because both of those guys are offense-only types. Why bring them in and not use them in that role?

McBain is young and making very little money so the Canes have no incentive to rush him and/or squeeze him into a top PP role. Barring injury, Corvo and Pitkanen will get first crack at the PP and McBain will be there to pick up the scraps and earn his chops.

That said, I still made McBain the #1 target of my draft because of his long-term potential and skills. Plus, young D-men of his caliber are gold in my league. I am being extremely patient with McBain but have to admit I was still expecting a bit more from him.

Look at the bright side: if he does not start stashing away some points soon, some owners will become very frustrated and you might be able to buy low on him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Just when I think McBain couldn't possibly disappoint me anymore, twice recently he somehow manages to get 0 points despite the Canes scoring 7 goals. You'd think he'd at least get a cheap secondary assist or something. Sheesh.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Just when I think McBain couldn't possibly disappoint me anymore, twice recently he somehow manages to get 0 points despite the Canes scoring 7 goals. You'd think he'd at least get a cheap secondary assist or something. Sheesh.
    Yep, McBain and Kulikov are worthless right now. Granted, I drafted both of these kids for the future, but I would like to see a glimpse of something this year from them. So far, nothing, nada, zero, zilch.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I guess you have to be patient. Nothing else you can do.