Thread: My Yandle or maybe P. Martin for his J McBain?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default My Yandle or maybe P. Martin for his J McBain?

D-men goals are worth 2 pts in our league. Who has better upside in the next 2 years between the above players? Is McBain going to be better than Yandle or even Martin? Please rank/help--thanks very much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Keep Yandle, Martin looks like he'll be more valuable than McBain this year. I could see Mcbain matching Martin next year so if you're not in a position to win now then Martin for Mcbain would be a good move.
    27 Team Dynasty
    Multicat Points League
    80% of Actual Cap 65.2

F Ovechkin,Marchand,Landeskog,Drouin,Palmieri,Gally, Strome,Pageau,Kubalik
    D Barrie,Krug,Gustafsson,Hronek
    G Andersen
    B Arvidsson,Kassian,Giordano,Reilly,Francouz

Dobber Sports Padawan

Stay with what you have. I don't see Mcbain being any better than the two guys you have.

he won't be better than Yandle and maybe better than Martin. Maybe. Stick with what you know you have.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Stay with what you have. I don't see Mcbain being any better than the two guys you have.

he won't be better than Yandle and maybe better than Martin. Maybe. Stick with what you know you have.
    Agree with this. Yandle is the best of the 3.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yandle should be the most valuable of the three. McBain might have more upside than Martin but Martin seems like the safer choice.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Legend

I would keep Yandle. Until the dust settles in CAR and McBain can emerge as the head honcho, his production will be very limited. That might take another year or two at least.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Give me Yandle as well. McBain may get better over the next year or so, but I think Yandle will too.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Proven Talent Trumps Prospects

McBain is clearly up-and-coming, but I think trading either Yandle or Martin for him would be a mistake. In all likelihood McBain will develop into an all-round solid player, but you should consider how likely it is that he will consistently outpoint Yandle or Martin over the next several years. I would say that even if everything goes perfectly for McBain, in 4 years he'll be about as good as Yandle is now, MAYBE a bit better. In any case, there's no sense in gambling on McBain when you're sitting on two defensemen who are essentially as good as McBain is hoping to become.

The only scenario in which I would deal for McBain is if you aren't counting the d-man you're trading as a roster player for the next 2 or 3 years so you can afford to sit on McBain as a prospect, and essentially gamble on McBain reaching his maximum potential (you'd be wagering your d-man's current value against McBain's expected value). But, that's assuming that your pool has a farm team rule or something. So, unless that's the case, I say you should stand pat -- Yandle and Martin are solid for any d-corps.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin