Thread: What to think about Kronwall ??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What to think about Kronwall ??

Hey guys,

I've got Kronwall in a trade last year, and I thought he would be in my top 4 defensemen along with Visnovski, Chara and Myers.

I drafted Gilbert, Martin, Wisniewski, and Carlson was a prospect I knew would be good, but maybe not that fast. And I get Taormina as Free Agent.

Anyway

Right now, I don't even play Kronwall on a 6-D lineup!!

I know now is really not a good time to sell, so I just stick with him for now. But should I sell as soon as he gets a hot streak or I should only be patient with him ??

Thanks
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd just keep him on the bench and take the wait and see approach.

On the upside he did show in 08-09 that he can put up points, 51pts in 80 games. Angus gave him a porterhouse rating in the fantasy guide so Angus sees good things here and I trust him. He does play for a potent offense so he should get plenty of opportunities to produce. Plus he figures to step up to a bigger role when Lidstrom finally hangs them up, or at least it's reasonable to think he will.

On the downside, 08-09 is the only year where he topped 70 games played. In 06-07 he had 22pts in 68 games, and 07-08 35pts in 65 games. So there is some reason for at least a little concern.

If he gets going it can't hurt to see what he might get you in a trade. Even if you just put the idea out there that you might part ways with him, your not obligated to trade him, and who knows what offers you might get. I always take the view that nobody on my teams are untouchable. If I can get fair value and improve my team I'll trade anybody, but the trade has to meet those criteria.

Aside from that I'd just stash him and wait.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would hang on to him for a few reasons:

He plays on a great team and has had the best mentor a guy can have (Lidstrom).
    He will eventually take on a larger roll once good ol Nik hangs em' up in a couple seasons I think.
    He is injury prone but you can always stash him on the IR and ride the hot hand on D at the time (there always seems to be a flavor of the month guy who comes out of nowhere to do well for a while then dissapears, MDZ last year, Taormina for a bit this season)...

So either keep him or ask what people would give for him, maybe someone in your league appreciates him for close to what he is really worth