Thread: My Quick for his Chara

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default My Quick for his Chara

Looking for advice on this trade. One year head-to-head, weekly winners determined by total points (scoring summarized in signature below)

I know I will likely lose this deal on straight points (goalies typically produce more points than defensemen in our league) but I have good depth in goal, and Chara would add to my depth at D.

I am currently undefeated in my league (3-0), so I don't need to do the deal; I do think it might be worth it, though.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    10 team head-to head league; total pts (goals, assists, ppg, +/-, hits; Wins, Saves, GA, SO). Start 6 f, 4 d, 2 goalies each week.

Forward: Ovechkin, Toews, Datsyuk, Wheeler, Okposo, D. Sedin, Granlund, Nichuskin
    Defense: Hedman, Doughty, Letang, Markov, Sekera, Enstrom
    Goalie: Crawford, Howard, Halak, Pavelec
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd think you'd probably benefit more if you could land a forward in between Stastny and Alfie quality...maybe Stewart if possible...or try and do Quick and Roy/Krejci/Hemsky...for Chara and a forward upgrade

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it is a good idea to sell high on Quick's sizzling start. there is no way he can keep up this pace. Chara always starts slow but in the end the numbers are there and he is as reliable as they come. See what else is out there maybe but if you end up with Chara (your tending looks solid) consider you haven't lost the deal.