Thread: Talent on the Wire

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Talent on the Wire

I'm in an 8-team H2H this year (team and details in sig), and it's the first time I've done a league this small. As a result, there's a lot of talented players available.

I'm currently in first but wondering if I should make some moves. H2H leagues are all about the playoffs, so I want to build the best team possible by then. I'm currently interested in improving my LW and D the most.

It's frustrating seeing guys rack up the points as free agents, but I really don't know if I'm better off with them or with what I have.

Here's some guys that really have my attention right now:

C: Tavares, M Koivu, Krejci, Plekanic, Duchene

LW: Booth, Hartnell, Lucic, Ladd

RW: Giroux (can he keep this up all year?), Eberle (dual eligibility, and arguably best forward for the Oil), J Williams, Selanne, Callahan

D: Rafalski (IR), Campbell, Karlsson, Wisniewski, Burns, Jovanovski, Zidlicky

Do you guys see any straight-up improvements I can make by swapping a player I have now with someone on the wire?

I'm also open to making some trades (sell high on Sharp?) so do you see any 2-for-1 packages I could put together, then pick someone else up? Who would be some good guys to target in a trade right now?

Any advice on ways to improve is appreciated. Thanks.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll throw out a idea.

Trade sharp and Neal for a better LW then pick up Lucic.

Can you grab Rafalski and just throw him on your IR?
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like subcrazy's idea. Here are a few of my own...

Your Centre's are pretty awesome and since you don't count FW in your league, they're not as valuable as your wings. That being said, it would be hard for me to pass up Pleks and Koivu.

I'm not sold on Hemsky and I love how Giroux is improving every year. He'll be given the time to grow this year and I expect a big outing from him. 60-70 points is where I project him to land; right up in the mix with Carter and Richards. I'd pick him up.

But if you're looking on improving your LW and D, I think you should look at Lucic or Hartnell for their PIM and point production. I think you COULD sell high on Sharp but I'd consider moving Vanek with Neal instead. I like Sharp on Chicago and although he won't keep this pace up, I think he'll finish with a lot of points.

I would try to stash Rafalski if that's an option. If not, consider picking up Campbell but it isn't necessary. I like your D for the most part.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Genius

Hesmky for Giroux and Rafalski for Carlson these are two easy upgrades particularly with Rafalski coming back on the 11th...keep sharp as he'll pot 35-35-70 this season and along with Neal will help balance out the cold streaks from Vanek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input fellas.

You all touched on moving the guys that I'd be open to moving as well. I'm just not sure how to package them, and what to ask in return.

Let's start with my LW.

Sharp - He won't keep this pace up, but I think he'll still have a career-year ~70 points. His +/- is awful, but he puts up a crapload of SOG. I'd like a good return for him.

Neal - Third fiddle to Richards and Eriksson and doesn't see too much PP time.

Vanek - My biggest headache (I do this to myself every year). I'd love to get rid of him, but Buffalo players' stock isn't too high right now, so who knows what I could get. I'd target the Parise owner, but he's in last and his team doesn't look like it would help me much (though he owns Boyle, Miller and Thomas).

If I move 2 LW, I think I'd pick up Lucic over Hartnell. I had Hartnell last year and he was a pain. Plus with M Richards already, and picking up Giroux, I might have too much stock in the Philly pool.

Speaking of Giroux...I'm happy with Semin at RW, and Hemsky is quietly putting up a ppg. Will he stay healthy enough all year to break 70 points though?

Also, if I end up with Lucic or Hartnell, then I could get rid of Downie, no?

I agree with the D. I'm gonna make a move to stash Rafalski on IR, then worry about activating him in a week or so.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek