Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just got screwed on a Parise trade....or did I?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You proposed the deal after it was known he was injured, so it's assumed that you're taking a risk. You're only giving up two scrubs. I don't think the other guy did anything wrong by accepting the offer. And as has already been said, you got the better end of the deal anyway. Niemi and Hudler offer pretty much 0 net value to your team, over replacement level. Parise, on the other hand, will be quite handy down the stretch and in the H2H playoffs, when it counts the most. Definitely worth more than replacement level.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If the deal was proposed pre injury, it's just a joke of an offer. If post injury, well, that's a a little different story, but still... Hudler is FA material. Niemi, a slumping platoon goalie.

But you make a point, if you need a goalie, then you may get raped when trading for one. I just don't see Niemi as the answer, and he's certainly not worth Parise. It depends on leaguie size really. And if the guy was desperate for a goalie, he could have gotten much better if he offered Parise for a legit starter.

And I think it's hilarious how the OP is pissed the Parise GM hit accept after the injury. How does it feel to get screwed? Now he knows how the other GMs would feel if accept were hit BEFORE the injury. That offer was a joke, and in a league full of half way sensible GMs, it would have gotten vetoed anyway.

And I don't want to sound like a veto cop. I've voted veto on maybe 2 deals in 7 yr. Also, I think league integrity needs to be considered in all of this. What's the point of it all if someone is going to gift wrap stud players for a select few GMs.
    Last edited by icecat; November 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You got, by far, the best player in the deal.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Quote Originally Posted by r2edline View Post
    I had an outstanding trade for Parise, I didn't hear about the surgery until it was too late. Kind of a gay move by the other manager, I might protest to the commish. He accepted the trade the instant he heard Parise was having surgery.

I gave: Niemi & Hudler. I got: Parise

Still not a terrible trade for me, I have Brodeur, Neuvrith & Bobrovsky still for goalies. So I can put Parise on my IR and pick up two players, or pick up 1 and use 1 streaming spot.

Also its H2H, and Devils have a 4-game week the last week of the season, so that bodes well if I can make the finals.

What do you guys think? Some decent talent on the WW (Seguin, Antropov, a few otherts).

Team & Settings are in sig.
    Outstanding trade. You got Parise in a keeper league for someone who has been a health scratch a few times (Hudler) and a backup goalie who is having a terrible year in Niemi. Also Parise should return with about 20 games left in the regular season so if you can make the playoffs even he will be good.
    12 team dynasty keeper league
    NHL size roster (23)
    Skater cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, SHP, PIMs, H, BS
    G cats: W, SV%, GA, SO's
    Start: 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6D, 2G

LW: Parise, Vanek, Clowe, Tedenby
    C: Getzlaf, Kopitar, Nielsen, Burmistrov,
    RW: Pominville, Wheeler, Parenteau, D'Agostini
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Bogosian, A. McDonald, Volchenkov, L. Schenn
    G: Fleury, Lehtonen
    B: Pavelec (G), Wolski (LW), TJ Oshie (C)

Parise is out for 3 months. Deal's not lookin so good now, especially since it's a one-year.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    F/D Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
    G Cats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Pro Roster
    C: M Ribeiro, B Richards, D Roy, J Skinner
    LW: R Clowe, Z Parise
    RW: T Purcell
    D: T Enstrom, JM Liles, D Phaneuf

G: R Miller, J Reimer

Farm Team
    L Omark, J Blum, G Clitsome, J Huberdeau, Z Dalpe, L Adam